1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale: *RARE* Fender Candy Tangerine 5 Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Cooldaddee, Apr 10, 2010.

1. ***:hyper: SOLD PAYMENT PENDING:hyper:******

Greetings all in TB land. Up for sale is a rare Candy Tangerine (Fender color 782) American Deluxe Fender V purchased in Dec 2008. This is the coolest color I've ever had in a bass.......I just put some money on a Mesa Boogie 400+, so this jem has got to go.

This bass is in really great shape. It has what I like to call the "Fender Classic Snap". I've taken extremely good care since I've had it. The only thing I noticed when I bought it was a place between the bridge pickup and just before the chrome part of the bridge. It looks like the previous owner had a piece of foam stuck ( a la Motown ) and if you look really hard, you can see the outline. I tried to photograph, but it's hardy noticible. It's not bad, but I am very particular about my basses. It never bothered me.

This color itself is amazing. I've had LOTS of compliments on her. It has been professionally setup with DR strings (45-65-85-105-125). I think the only way to get of these now is thru the Fender Custom Shop. I think these Candy Tangerine basses were made for a short run in 2004 and maybe 2005. I confirmed this with Fender's website and this one is a 2004. I looked for about 2 years before finding this one, so most owners hang on to them. It comes with a Fender hard plastic case. I never really used it as I have flight cases when I play out.

No trades as I need $$ to fund my amp purchase. It's a rockin' bass! :bassist: I paid over $1,400 for this but I will offer $1,250 shipped. USA only please. I also put Dunlop Straplocks for protection.

Here's a description straight from the Fender Frontline 2005 catalog:

Abalone dot position inlays, rolled fingerboard edges, and highly detailed nut and fretwork. Additional features include: a graphite reinforced neck, premium alder or ash body < pretty sure this is Alder> , combination strings-through-body/top-load bridge, five -bolt neck plate, sculpted heel for easier access to the upper frets and chromed steel bridge plate with nickel-plated brass saddles. 3 band active EQ and two Samarium Cobalt Noiseless J Bass pickups.....four-over/one -under tuning machine array and two Hip-shot string trees with custom -tailored break-angles that create balanced string tension across all 5 strings.

More pics to come

Thanks and God Bless,

Robby

Attached Files:

2. More pics

Attached Files:

3. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    My favourite Fender colour by far.

4. Thanks Bulltrout.........I love it but I neeed to pay for other toys

5. Monday bump

6. Price drop...Happy Tuesday

7. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    That's as purdy as purdy can be!

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Gorgeous

9. lslimcuttah

lslimcuttah

May 14, 2007
    louisville,ky
    it a great bass i own one like it........... its a 04 and it has sick highs

10. Hump day bump

11. Thurs bump

12. Friday Night Bump

13. PM'd

14. Monday bump

15. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Cooldaddee, what is the approx. weight of this tangy bass?

16. Hi

I don't have a scale, but my parents do. When I go over there later today, I can weight it and let you know.

17. funkucan'ttouch

funkucan'ttouch Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2007
    west virginia
    AAHHH if only it was a maple fretboard... I guess.. I could fix that...

18. Ok I just got back from the scale and it appears to be right at/just under 9lbs. It never has struck me as a particular heavy bass but it's solid.

19. Sold ** Payment pending

20. GPLEMMONS

GPLEMMONS

Nov 20, 2012
    has this bass sold already?!?