1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale: Roma Hybrid 3/4 bass NYC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by lcdck, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcdck

lcdck

Dec 8, 2011
    New York, NY
    SOLD

Hi. I'm selling a Roma model 393 hybrid bass--carved spruce top and maple laminate back and sides and all ebony trimmings (fingerboard, nut, saddle, tailpiece).

Dimensions:
    String length: 40-1/2"
    Body lenght: 43-1/4"
    Upper Bout: 20-1/4"
    Lower Bout: 25-1/2"
    Depth at neck: 6.875"
    Depth at Tailpiece: 8-3/8"
    Neck is Eb

I bought this bass exactly one year ago today. It originally came from Ideal Music here in NY. The person I bought it from was the original owner. Before he bought it it developed a crack in the treble side of the upper bout and was repaired, by Ideal Music I believe, before it was sold to him. Crack has been stable since then and no others have developed. The finish has a few small nicks in it but overall it's in very good condition.

I had the bridge and sound-post set by Bill Merchant, which improved the sound and opened up the bass more. He removed the endpin stop as well so that it can be extended further and removed for a wheel. I also added a set of spirocore mittels--could swap with a set of superflexibles or helicores--and a rubber endpin ball from gollihur music. Included is functional Kaces III bag with a seam tear.

This is a very good bass for the money and I doubt that there is anything comparable without doubling the cost. This bass is very loud. I rarely have had to us any amplification with it. It also bows quite well.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

SOLD

2. lcdck

lcdck

Dec 8, 2011
    New York, NY
    I've received a few inquiries about trading. I'm only looking to sell at this time. Thanks.

3. lcdck

lcdck

Dec 8, 2011
    New York, NY
    Sale pending.

4. lcdck

lcdck

Dec 8, 2011
    New York, NY
    SOLD!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.