Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FOR SALE: Roscoe SKB3005 Fretless 5-string Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by sfbassplayer, Oct 10, 2004.

1. FOR SALE: Roscoe SKB3005 Fretless 5-string Bass
    Condition: Brand New
    Asking Price: $1900

Detailed info:
    Roscoe SKB-3005 carved top body
    35" scale neck
    Cobalt Blue finish
    Black Hardware
    Flamed maple top (exhibition quality - was extra $300)
    Mahogany body (for lower mid presence)
    Unlined "Diamondwood" fretless neck w/ maple neck
    Bartolini NTMB 18v preamp
    Includes Roscoe case (see pictures at site)

This bass is in absolute mint condition and is only several months old. Why am I selling it? I had custom ordered this bass in March 2003 from Bass Northwest and just received it (yes, I waited well over a year for this bass), but during that time I purchased a used Elrick fretless bass I absolutely love, so this one has to go. The Diamondwood fretboard means absolutely no dead spots and even tone through out the neck (it looks cool too!). The upper registers feel great on this bass. You won't see many Roscoe basses that look like this one!

List Price: $3,600 as specified
    Asking Price: $1,900

Sorry, I am not interested in trades.

SEE PICTURES: http://www.jazzolution.com/roscoe.html

2. GrooveSlave

GrooveSlave

Mar 20, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    COOL Bass!! Must....Resist....GAS....

I'd love to take this off of your hands, but all I can do is give you a bump. Good luck. :bawl:

3. This is still available ... bump!

4. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

If that had been a quilted maple top, I'd buy it right now. I'm not quite yet ready to buy, but I'd find a way for that price!

That's the exact bass I want, but with the quilted top.

I'll call you when I'm ready if you still have it.

Bob

5. Funny, when I ordered this bass, I decided I had too many basses with quilted maple tops and paid the extra $300 for an "exhibition" quality flamed maple top.