1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Section Dealings with Debo 006 [Positive content]

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by 6foot5, Apr 26, 2011.

1. 6foot5

6foot5

Apr 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Can't post in the For Sale section so I thought this one would be most fitting.

I offered to buy a bass from Debo and he kindly agreed to ship it to me in Canada.

I sent him payment for the bass.

Apparently he received it today and it came to him with a good sized crack at the headstock :(... so he immediately sent me a refund.

He could have easily forwarded the bass to me without inspecting it or saying anything and blamed the courier service on the way to me for the damage.

Its really nice to see there are still good honest people out there.

Thanks Debo, keep it up!

-Myles. :)

DISREGARD ALL OF THE POSITIVITY ABOVE

2. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    It's way too easy to point out the negative and let the positive go unmentioned. Nice of you to go against that trend when someone went above an beyond the norm for you.

:bassist:

3. Debo definitely seems like a good dude from the PM's he's sent me regarding offers and possible transactions. Way to go, bro.

4. 6foot5

6foot5

Apr 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    So it turns out that debo is just a lying scum. Apparently he just wanted to keep the black hardware from the bass and decided it would be easier to lie to me and tell me it was broken than tell me the simple truth.. which I wouldn't have had a problem with. But lying about it, and turning around and selling the same bass with the same "broken" neck a couple of days later... that's low. I'm not stupid.

As you can see in the below screenshot of the for sale thread, which he has now deleted since being confronted about the issue [Google saves everything debo :) ] The neck is perfectly fine, in fact on of the best he's ever used! How wonderful.

Shame on you.

[​IMG]

5. loinmute

loinmute

Feb 11, 2011
    Wimberley,Texas
    I am a little confused about the whole transaction.:meh:

6. 6foot5

6foot5

Apr 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    To sum it up, I offered to buy it, we made a deal, I sent payment. This whole transaction occurred as the bass was being shipped to him as he just bought it but decided he wasn't going to want it.

He e-mailed me back claiming that the neck on the bass was broken when it arrived to him, so he wasn't going to ship it to me.

As it turns out, that was a complete lie and he just wanted to keep the black hardware that was on the bass.

Rather than simply telling me that he had a change of heart and wanted to keep the black hardware he decided to lie instead.

I found out he had lied to me when a couple days after he claimed the neck was broken, he had the same bass advertised [See screen shot above] with the same neck claiming it is in perfect condition.

It was a dirty thing to do. He is a liar and in my opinion shouldn't be trusted. Hence me sharing this experience.

I'm really aggravated as I went out of my way to say nice things about what now turned out to be a lie.

7. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Ya, I did a trade with him and the bass that I got in the trade SUCKED big time, flip in the fretboard and the finish had some serious cracks in it where the finish was on the verge of flaking off. I told him that I wanted my original bass back and I would pay shipping for both instruments, his response..."grow up." This guy is the worlds biggest piece of scum and should NOT be trusted under ANY circumstances.

8. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Woah not cool

9. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Inactive

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Someone needs to put on a hockey mask and scare him really bad!!..maybe carry a plastic butter knife in the process.

10. 6foot5

6foot5

Apr 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Sorry to hear about your experience mdogs, you really got screwed over. Hopefully some good will come of this and potential buyer's will be saved a headache by not dealing with him.

11. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    sounds like communication problems, but this ain't how you solve them, IMHO. while many of us appreciate any good heads-up, one side is missing here.

(sorry to interfere) :bag:

PS: if you have a bad experience the FEED-BACK page is available

12. debo 006

debo 006

Aug 24, 2010
    Kentucky
    Exactly, There two sides to every story

13. 6foot5

6foot5

Apr 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    The other side is in the wrong that's why you don't see it ;)

He didn't respond to PM's about the issue so I made it public

He's a coward is all.

14. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Good response...scumbag

15. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Why didn't you send him negative feedback at the time? I see he left you positive feedback on the transaction. He's had a lot of transactions and the one here is the first negative one.

Not taking sides here, just wondering. The system is only worthwhile if it's used properly.

16. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    So what is the other side to the story then?

17. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Thats my question.

If there is another side, I cant imagine what it is.