1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For sale Shen 100 designed for AES

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Mark Sacchetti, Mar 29, 2013.

1. This is a Gamba style body. It was designed by Shen for AES and has different features.

Here is a description
    I'll try to give some info without getting "sales-y" about it. On the Shen end of things, here is what seperates it from a Shen SB100 stock bass:

The outline is gamba, not violin cornered, so right off the bat it's a different bass, which we make exclusively for AES.

Varnish (nitro cel lacquer) is a bit darker and low gloss.

The smaller laminate layer inside which is made to echo graduations on a carved bass is a different shape than the stock, per Arnold's specs.

The machines are not ours, I believe he usually uses Rubner plates.

He uses our tailpiece, but his wire.

Arnold's bridge, -v- our stock bridge.

I'm sure that beyond that there is alot to be said about what happens to it when it's in Arnold's shop.

Moderators: If I crossed the line on sales type info, please edit or delete as you see fit.

There is a Suped up Shen thread for more info ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364579688.008560.

Asking 2750 includes stand and bass bag. Buyer pays Shipping fees and I would prefer local pickup here in Pittsburgh.

2. Great and unique upright bump!!
    This bass is equipped with a full circle pup!
    Will take more pictures ASAP !

3. Great upright value bump

4. Bump

5. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    To clarify, these were made for the New Standard business, not my personal shop. The idea was to market an entry-level model to bring folks with a smaller budget into the New Standard family. The product was good, but unfortunately demand did not materialize, so the project was discontinued.

6. Where's the price?

I think you MUST list a price.

7. Price is under the photo

8. Oh, sorry!

I missed it because I didn't see a dollar sign ("$").

But you got a free bump!

9. Update had the db in for a check up and set up. It's in perfect shape!
    willing to consider best offers!!! Since rotar cuff surgery my shoulder hast been right for upright playing. This is a great bass with no issues and needs a good home where she get the use she deserves.

So if your close to Pittsburgh and serious ill work out the price . I have great feedback

Thanks

10. Price reduction bump!! Make a reasonable offer I'm looking to find this great db a new home!

11. Bump!

12. Bump for a great playing and sounding upright!

13. Bump for a great upright in Pittsburgh

14. Local Pittsburgh bump!!!

15. In the Pittsburgh area and need a great upright with no issues bump!!

16. Anyone in the Pittsburgh area Monday bump

17. Thursday bump

18. Saturday Pittsburgh bump for a great playing upright

19. Did I mention the sale would included the portable stand, fdeck hpf1 and a the upright bass bag...

20. Bump for a great playing upright