1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FOR SALE: Strunal 3/4 Laminate Bass with extras

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by emilio g, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emilio g

emilio g Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Jersey City, NJ
    I just bought a new carved bass from Kolstein's shop in Long Island and I'm going to be selling my old plywood Strunal.

THE BASS: Its a 3/4 size, laminate bass, set up by NYC luthier Bill Merchant (see http://www.merchantbass.com/ for more info on him). At the moment, its set up with Thomastik Spirocore orchestral gauge strings that have broken in nicely. Bill put aluminum adjuster wheels on the bridge, a new endpin, and the neck/fingerboard has been polished so it plays more smoothly than the average plywood bass.

EXTRAS: Heavy Duty Upton Bass case (brown) with rolling wheels built into it, K&K BassMax Pickup, Leather Quiver, and Bob Gollihur German bow.

PICTURES: See www.myspace.com/emilioguarino to see pictures of me with the bass.

PRICE: I'm asking $2000 OBO for the bass and the extra items. If you don't need all of the extras, let me know and I'd be happy to knock a couple bucks off the price.

LOCATION & HISTORY: I bought this bass new to get me through college. Its been played A LOT and sounds like its been played a lot. There are a few small nicks in the finish, but no problems other than that. I live in Florham Park, NJ and don't really feel comfortable shipping it, so I ask that we meet up locally. I'm also in New Brunswick, NJ quite often because most of my friends live near Rutgers. Let me know what your situation is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.