1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale For Sale SVT CL, SLM made in USA St. Louis

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Blah114, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    Price:
    I have an SVT for sale, no trades, but will only sell locally to STL MO area. I bought it years ago locally and had it re tubed a few years ago in STL MO (I think I Am into the amp for about $1000)--I cannot recall the tubes but they are not groove tubes.. sovteks I think. $800 is the asking price.

I had a local place look at it and they wanted to sell it on consignment. That place is a reputable vintage guitar dealer in St. Louis , MO area, but I'd rather sell it outright.

I don't play out anymore and this amp was quite heavy.

The front has damage on it, but it's cosmetic only.

Local sale only. Price is firm and I think it's a fair price. I had sold this to a relative and he bought it after me, never played through it, found it too heavy. I bought it back and am selling it. I don't want to risk shipping this amp.

Please PM only if interested and locally, please. I played live with this amp a few times and it was by far the best amp I've ever played through live.. it's just a pain to carry for smaller places. As I played in more bands, I went DI anyway and heard myself through in-ears, so this amp became pointless after some time. It's sat in a non smoking home for years.

Attached Files:

• svt1.JPG
      svt1.JPG
      File size:
      641.1 KB
      Views:
    • svt2.JPG
      svt2.JPG
      File size:
      475.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    re tubed in 2010, just looked it up, locally. Sovtek tubes.

3. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    price drop local only st. Louis mo area. $600. firm. the amp is being sold as-is, but works fine. I can throw in a PR410 dented cabinet for an extra $100. I am practically giving this stuff away at these prices, but it is just sitting around.

4. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    Stunned no one in STL MO area wants this at $600.00. It's a nice amp. Made in St. Louis MO, SLM.

5. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    I will throw in a PR410 cabinet that is dented. how about that? I need to get rid of some stuff. the cabinet is very heavy and I installed casters (wheels, 4 of them) at the bottom. all for $600.00. quite amazing and less than I paid for everything together.

still local pickup only, please. thanks. STL MO USA area.

6. Pm sent

7. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    still for sale (!).

8. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    I Am now asking $600.00 USD for this amp PLUS the cabinet. the cabinet is a beast.. I am basically giving the cab away. I just want this out of the house because it weighs a ton (the cab). the amp is amazing in sound. there is no better sounding amp, anywhere, than this. every soundman has told me this. I just cannot afford to carry this to shows anymore. it's a beast. in a cover band, it's not necessary.

9. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    if you decide to ship the head i am all over it..

10. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    Hi, it's not that I cannot ship it. I am not confident it won't get damaged... I would hate for that to happen... it's too beautiful an amp to risk it.. I have seen threads regarding "how" to ship SVTs.. after seeing what I've seen at UPS and fedex.. I would never risk shipping an SVT.. but I will keep you in mind. the only way I'd ship it is with a ton of insurance. and that would cost a fortune.. I figure at least $300.