1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale: Thunderfunk 750

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Tim Craig, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Tim Craig

Tim Craig

Feb 5, 2004
    Thunderfunk 750 for sale. It's about 2 years old and it's in excellent shape except for a small 1/16" chip in the paint on the top/back/right corner. $1350 shipped in the continental USA. No trade offers please. Thanks!

Tim Craig
    Franklin, TN

2. Tim Craig

Tim Craig

Feb 5, 2004
    $1250.00 shipped in the continental USA. Thanks!

Tim C.

3. Tim Craig

Tim Craig

Feb 5, 2004
    I am the original owner too.

4. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I wanted this amp so bad when you were considering selling it two years ago. Fortunately I got one in like new condition. So I will give this a bump because its worth the price you are selling it. I can see why someone finds it hard to sell it. I was going to sell the 550B after i got the 750A, but I couldn't.

5. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Bump for a great amp and honest seller.

6. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Does your limiter light go on soon? I would consider if light didn't come on so early. Is there a way around it?

thanks Jeff

7. gregbackstrom

gregbackstrom Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    You can turn down the input or just turn off the limiter. I love Dave's limiter - it's probably the best-sounding one I use. I don't pay much attention to the light, though. I just set my channel gain somewhere between 3 and 4 (not o'clock) and go! "If it sounds good, it is good."

8. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Cool...so I can crank the gain and don't worry about the clip light? Just let it stay on continuesly? Nice, I thought bad stuff would happen.

9. gregbackstrom

gregbackstrom Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    Actually, I said I don't worry about it. Judging from your reply, you might have something to worry about. ;-)

IME, your ears will almost always tell you when something's being over-driven quicker and more-accurately than your eyes will.

10. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Yes, but I can see it worries you as many amps may not go on "so early" AS YOU STATED. The limiter is part of the Thunderfunk sound. But someone explained earlier how you can lower the limiter from going on but it does help with the tight yet pronounced bottom end of the amp.

11. Tim Craig

Tim Craig

Feb 5, 2004
    PDGood thanks for the kind words...hope your Agy cab is serv'n up some thunder. This amp is sold, $1225.00 delv'd to the W. Coast so this thread is closed. Thanks!

Tim C.

12. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    please close thread when item is sold...thanks in advance.

13. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    pm sent!