1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD For Sale: Trace Elliot V6 New Tubes Speak-on

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by worxforme, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    So I have a ton of gear and I've decided after I saw "Hoarders" that I need to narrow it done to two rigs and 2 or 3 cabs.

First up is my Trace Elliot V6.

This is a killer head. Period. You will need a great cab to handle this beast. Not to bring up the tube watt vs SS watts debate but this amp is way loader and has more headroom than my kilowatt HeartRock II.

Previous owner put an all new matched sextet of JJ's in the power section and new Trace Elliot 12ax7s in the pre. I had it re-biased and had one of the best mods you can do to these amps... replacing the xlr speaker out with a Speak-on connector. It still has a 1/4" speaker jack as well. This was professionally done and the amp gone over by the famous Lansing tech "Enzo". The amp has a clean bill of health.

With so many amps I've put a max of 10 hours on this amp, so the tubes are "near as new with out you having to put $300 in to it"
    It also has the fabled V8 grill (with V6 name plate) that gives it better ventilation and simply looks bad a$$ as well ;)

It weights in around 57 so this is not for those that have let themselves go or someone that doesn't live by the "I won't sacrifice weight for tone" mantra. This might be a good time to fulfill that "I'm going to get myself back in shape" promise you made 6 New Years ago. The ladies do like the in shape bass player especially with the way the rest of the band looks. (I try to pass the girls on to one of my guitarist) Even us happily married guy's egos don't mind the "Let's get a room" line from the hot girl that's been dancing in front of you all night.

The amp will be shipped FedEx ground inside a wooden crate. I will include a return shipping tag as I need the crate back so I can use it again to ship other heads. I just want to make that clear up front that I need the crate back.

My other hobby involves multi-thousand dollar pinball machines so I don't like to monkey around when shipping, your new amp will arrive well packed with the tubes removed (power tubes are numbered with a diagram) and wrapped and I will "block" the transformers to protect them if the crate is dropped.

For full disclosure: I bought this on TB from a great seller in Canada and I had it shipped to me by air for just under $200.

Firm price of 1400 shipped to the 48.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/DSCF1135.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/DSCF1136.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/DSCF1137.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/DSCF1138.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/DSCF1130.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/DSCF1140.jpg
    http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/frankMi48917/DSCF1139.jpg

2. Nice kitchen . . . and great head to boot!

3. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Thanks it's a great kitchen functionally too, the only thing my wife doesn't like is the kids finger prints on the stainless.

The head is great the only other thing I would do to it is swap the #1 pre tube.
    I like the sound it has I just know it would be even better with a telefunken or something along that line.

Between guitar amps, bass amps, playing, life etc. I just haven't gotten around to tube rolling.

4. Understandable. I did tube for quite a while and you can tinker yourself to death if you want.

5. Hi, two quick questions. Do you have any idea what it would cost to send it back to Canada, I'm a hour east of Toronto. Do you have any other Trace Gear that you are considering selling? I like the V-series just wondering if there is a Quatra Valve or Hexa hidden there. Thanks, Dave

6. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Hey Dave, the Free Trade act may apply so you don't have to pay any duties IF you fill out the proper paperwork, I didn't pay any duties coming in from Canada it just cost a lot to have it shipped by air.

I don't have a Quatra or Hexa but I have had/still have a lot of Trace gear and when I got back into playing I remembered the V's tone from back in the day. That combined with many of the better players in the circuit have an SVT and I wanted an equally large-professional sound, but something with a different tone I could call my own.

We opened for a band from out of state the second time I used it live and they came up to me afterword to compliment my sound. That was a room that has it's own system, that comes with a sound guy that has a different idea of how I should sound. He told me he had me turned off in the FOH.

In that place, that's just how I like it. I think it's great to be able to do that when you "have" to ;)

7. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Olinto, La Bella, JuleAmps, Epifani
    bump for my favorite tube head and the best purchase I ever made!

8. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Olinto, La Bella, JuleAmps, Epifani
    cool to see how you swapped out the XLR for the Speakon....was that expensive? I'd love to do that to mine!

9. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Question: how much does this amp weigh?

Thanks.

10. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Nope, I didn't think so. The V8 was a bit more because the xlr is part of the board (Enzo told me that and I think I read it somewhere on TB as well)

I had it done at the same time as the bias and check-up(or whatever it's called) and it was $52 total, parts and labor. I would have done it myself but I've never biased an amp and as it turns out, I think a perspective buyer would rather it done by a Pro than a Joe

At the time I had it done I was going to keep the V6 yet my lower level is filled with pinball machines, amps and cabs. I don't want the TLC hoarding show coming to my house (we are actually making an apartment for a relative on the lower level) so it really turned out to be a great benefit to the next owner.

Momma said "leave things better than when you found em".

11. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    56.8 pounds on the digital bathroom scale.

12. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Pms replied.

I can meet a buyer within a couple hours of 48917, yet I would still want the same price because of the time and gas involved.

13. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Man, I just bought a Marshall Lemmy or this would have been mine. Bump for a great amp!

Michael

14. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Thanks. I've played through a lot of Marshalls but not a Lemmy. I bet it sounds fantastic.

15. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Pm's replied.

No trades at this time as I'm trying to down size my stockpile.

16. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Good morning TalkBass and PM's replied.

17. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    If you are looking for a tube amp that doesn't sound like an SVT but in the same(I like it better) league, this is the amp you want because it is in such great condition with new tubes and the Speak-on mod.

18. I will check the free trade suggestion and I agree with you on the tone you get from Trace V's. I'll let you know what I find out. Dave

19. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    We could always meet in Port Huron across the bridge from Sarnia.

20. It's a "I wish I had more money for a fellow MI man" bump.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.