1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale For Sale/Trade: 2 Cheap Beaters!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Danny R., Apr 1, 2015.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    I got these basses a few months ago in a pawn shop, one is a Fender copy and the other one is a custom, rough hand made bass.

First up is the Fender Copy, nice bass, sounds OK I guess, The headstock says "Sadowsky" my guess is that it's one of those Korean/Chinese copies. Somebody painted black squares all over the fretboard with a sharpie or something (it looks decent) $199 shipped.

Second one is the one I call "tipsy" Bass. It has 5 strings. The fretwork is terrible, the frets are all crooked, not only that but even the fret markers are all crooked (look at the pic). My guess is that it was either built as a joke or the guy got a little "tipsy" and went crazy (5 strings and crooked frets, who plays 5 stringers these days, Jaco only needed 4 strings!!). This one says "Dingwall" on the headstock and was made in Canada (it figures) $299 shipped.

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking!

56675f2c. ee7ecfd7.

2. charlie_pea

charlie_pea Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Pharr, Texas
    lmao

3. I'm not entirely certain how to react to this, but I wish you were serious.

4. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    I will trade you my old beater Precision for either of these. I should warn you that it's filthy, the action is unreasonably high, and some idiot wrote the word "FUNK" on the back of the headstock. The strings are really dirty, and I'm guessing they've never been changed.

jtharp, Doctor Hugocat and Danny R. like this.
  5. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Now I know how Mama feels when I call her on April 1st and tell her to get ready for her first grandchild....

6. KickingBass

KickingBass Look into it

we might all think hes joking but... what if hes not? trade for my Ibanez SR? :woot:

7. LMAO!! Literally almost choked on my drink just now

8. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    Best April Fools Post yet. For $199.. I will take the sadowsky.

9. mking

mking

Oct 12, 2009
    Bend, OR
    I'll take the what do you call it? Ding a ling?

bassmaster831 and BioWeapon like this.
  10. Wolf Tower 5

Wolf Tower 5 Still looking for all the answers. Supporting Member

May 29, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Ill pay you $1500 to take them off your hands, just because you've taken such good care of these Junkers. I'll try to get my tech to straighten out the neck on that second one. Maybe he can put the body in a vise and take a blowtorch to it and straighten out those pickups while he's at it.

Nice unique one for today..

BioWeapon likes this.
  11. mexibass

mexibass

Feb 12, 2012
    Cozumel, México
    good one dany :)

12. I'll trade you 10 of my basses that have this lame "butterfly" logo on them. Don't even know what the maker was thinking...

13. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    I know it is April the 1st yesterday - is this for real now that it is after the first.

14. Err, yesterday was May 1st.

15. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I heard that those Chinese/Korean Sadowsky basses are really just made of the Chinese/Korean equivalent of Warmoth necks and bodies and just screwed together in some Chinese/Korean office.

16. dbamta

dbamta

Aug 25, 2009
    Maryland
    Danny, is the Sadowsky copy still around??