1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade: Mesa Boogie 1516 Bass Cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by PhatBasstard, Aug 10, 2007.

1. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    This cab has a 15, 10, 2x6, and high horn drivers. This cab is in very good condition and can be run at either 4ohms (complete cab) or separate top and bottom sections at 8ohms each. Not shown in the picture: also has the removable, heavy duty Mesa casters (one needs new bearings). Mine also has the upgraded EV 10 speaker. An upgrade that wasn't included in the original Mesa Boogie price of $1099 on this cab (and Mesa cabs were not allowed to be discounted). High end driver has attenuator on rear of cab. $500 O.B.O. (Last one on eBay went for over $700 + shipping).

I am selling because, although it sounds great, it's just too big and loud for most of my current gigs (plus I'm no "spring chicken" anymore). These are GREAT cabs (check out Paul McCartney's latest concert DVD) and very hard to find.

I will be heading to L.A. on the 15th/16th, on vacation, and could deliver to there or any reasonable point in between (Vegas/L.A.) for an additional $40. This offer also goes for anywhere within 100 miles of Vegas. I would need a $100 deposit.

Possible trades (+/- cash):
    Carvin MP210T cab or cabs (not the RL210T).
    Carvin 210 tiltback cab from their Red Eye combo.
    Carvin BRX 112 combo.
    Carvin BB76 Fretless (unlined).
    Lakland DJ 4 or 5.
    Tech SoundSystems CT2000 or CT4000 cabs.
    MidiStep Foot Pedals.
    Roland PK5 Foot Pedals.
    Go ahead and run other stuff by me.

Thanks, Rick
    Boogie1516.

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Cool cab ... does it have tilt-back casters or bottom mount? How much power does it handle?

3. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Not tilt back. There are 4 spring locking brackets on the bottom for sliding in/out heavy duty casters.

Total watts is 450 at 4 ohms. I'm using a Hartke 3500 (350 at 4 ohms) and I NEVER have had it past 5 on the master volume (Large rooms/stages and outdoor shows ONLY!) and that is thunderously loud. I can't imagine it being fed a maxxed 450 watts. The volume would be scary. :eek:

4. sjb64

sjb64

Aug 2, 2007
    Wow, I've never seen one of those. I bet it sounds great. How much does it weigh?

5. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Unfortunately (for me, I'm getting too old :( ) quite a bit. If you know Mesa Boogie's quality, you know they don't make any lightweight speaker cabs. Especially their bass cabs. I imagine the "Road Ready" version (built-on road case) of this cab would be in the 200lb. range.

If the weight wasn't a factor for me now, I would never consider selling this.