1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD For Sale/Trade. MTD 535 Fretless. Zebrawood Goodness!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Danny R., Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Up for sale or trade is my MTD 535-24 Fretless.

This is the best sounding fretless I've ever played period. Mahogany body, Zebrawood top. maple neck and lined Rosewood board.

I believe in disclosing everything so here's the story of this bass: I got it a while ago in a trade, somebody switched the preamp to a Aguilar OBP3 along the way, I called Mike to ask if the pickups were the original ones, he pulled all the info, the bass was custom made with a narrower than normal string spacing (18 mm) that's why he used the P2 shape pickups, the bass was originally fretted but it was professionally de-fretted, no dings or chunks of wood missing, you won't be able to tell it had frets. Excellent condition, there's a clear acrylic ramp installed with a screw. I was gonna make a Zebrawood ramp but I haven't had the time.

Asking $2600 shipped. Might be interested in a trade for a Ken Smith Sadowsky or? 5 string only please.

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking!

IMG_7501_zpsa2f9149b.

IMG_7502_zps52f8ae65.

IMG_7503_zpsc2687149.

IMG_7505_zpsa2a4905d.

IMG_7506_zps5ea41ba5.

IMG_7508_zps162e2ebb.

IMG_7509_zps367388ae.

IMG_7510_zps4dcb4b11.

2. Danny R.

El bumpo :ninja:

3. growler-br

growler-br

Jan 11, 2009
    New Windsor NY
    Simply beautiful....

4. Danny R.

It is nice!

Price dropped to $2600. I need a new vehicle asap, one of my cars took one for the team. This is a great deal for a bass of this caliber.

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Curious to hear about how the Aguilar pre changed the basic MTD flavor.

6. Danny R.

To be honest I couldn't tell you, I've never played a 535 with a Mahogany/Maple/Rosewood combo and fretless on top of that before. What I can tell you is that it's very versatile, I can get a nice Jacoish sound with the bridge pickup.

7. aparker82

aparker82

Sep 19, 2012
    Georgia
    Bump for this beauty

8. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Wow that is a BEAUTIFUL BASS...

9. Danny R.