1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade post

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by Rapisme, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Is it me or is this just a thing.. I find many users post in this fashion and it's great cause now you figure you can probably make a trade of some sorts.
    But here's the gimmick when I find myself responding with an offer it usually comes back with the proverbial "No Thanks" "Not What I'm looking for" "I'll give you this price instead".

Yep I know lets get some foot traffic happening.. But if in earnest you didn't have the intention of making any sort or trade then why post it that way.

Not a complaint just an observation of the many years I have here dealing with the classifieds.

2. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    When I see a for sale/for trade on something I'm interested in I usually scan for details...if there are no specific trade items mentioned then I'm a lot less inclined to suggest something. In those cases I think it's a matter of, "I'll trade you if I can immediately use all your pics and description to have it sold for a profit as soon as it gets to me." (No moral judgement btw, just the realities of the marketplace)

When the trade thing has worked out for me it's been either having a very specific need or seeing someone who does, also helps if both sides agree on relative value. Like I have an 8 ohm speaker, looking for the same model at 4 ohms. Or 4 string and some bucks for a fiver.

Rapisme likes this.