1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sell - ErnieBall silhouette Bass - well.. it is a bass and a guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dooft11, Aug 16, 2007.

1. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    Dear all
    Under the serious attack of GAS for another boutique bass. I decide to put this rare collection for sell.
    This is a 96 Musicman silhouette Bass, a mixed monster or bass and guitar. Detail spec you can look up from musicman site.

The story behind this bass, this is a brand new bass, it has been displayed in a shop for a while (talking about mega store like GC of the state) and put back into the warehouse.

Why they dont sell it? good question..stupidity. the code of this bass was accidentially erased from the inventory list and this bass was not 'exist' in the shop system any more. Very typical for big store with staff who just dont care. I got it in a log purchase of such alien stock and kept in my private collection for quite sometimes.

It was promoted in EB site as a bass for guitarist and guitar for bassist, i agree with that, cause it give you the touch of a guitar with very long neck and some more bassy tone ( which i love, more jazzy warm tone cutted sound). It was currently tuned in A. fender still make string for baritone guitar in E or A tuning.

The bass has some ding ans scratch and no original HSC because those salesman only stored her in gigbag.

The neck is super easy and healthy, talking about the musicman in the 90s era, the neck is strong and solid, new fret (cause no one used it including myself)

Electronics - this baby run very complicated electronics, two hum b dimarizo pup with split and pup mode selector, crazy wiring, - i will include the original scheme obtained from EB staff, all pots and knobs are original.

See the pic to judge.

Very hard to naill a price, a feeler but following the rule, i reference to the last successful trans on Ebay a while ago, that one with no as good condition but a hsc sold at US850. so i will ask for that. Bass in HK, you pay 70 i will ship to your door in State with well padded Gigbag, plus all the wiring diagram as well as printed info i collect from internet (yeah i do that for all my bass and guitar).

Trade? ok, just make the offer, i want boutique bass and if you got some nordstrand or Ken lawrence, elrick, lull or Fbass, i ship the Sille with my cash to you!

DSCF2211.
    DSCF2210.
    DSCF2207.
    DSCF2206.
    DSCF2205.
    DSCF2204.
    DSCF2203.
    DSCF2202.
    DSCF2199.

2. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    Some youtube find

3. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
  4. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    overall shot
    DSCF2134.

5. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    bump

6. reentune

reentune

Aug 16, 2004
    I've always wanted one of these.

7. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    just curious.. does this go into a bass amp or guitar ?

8. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    bump

9. messiest

messiest

May 17, 2005
    u wanna trade w/ my hello kitty gtr?

10. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    how about the parker bass?

11. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    wow..small world...my silo baritone also resides in hk....those are amazing basses if you know how to treat them...good luck with that!!

12. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    so zazz, you are now in hk or where, I am just thinking will your silo need a friend?

13. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    not for the moment thanks.....but for gods sake its better than a vi on recording work ..it just opens up so many more options in the arrangement....if it wants to stay with you..well thats a blessing in disguise in my book.:bassist:

14. Signum

Signum

Feb 1, 2008
    I know I am extremely late finding this thread, but do you still have this Silhouette available? If so, is the bridge pickup coil tapped?