1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

for some of us who can't afford a fender let alone a custom shop one

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mpdd, Sep 28, 2013.

1. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    cool 57 looking p by esp from the early 80s, had to buy a new truck yesterday, so i wanted to share this in case somebody really was set on mary kay blonde, gold pg, and maple neck
    p bass with reverse tuners and a fender pickup

i don't know this guy whose selling it, but in LA a lot of dudes love esp so i wanted to share this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ear...n-/321214327571?pt=Guitar&hash=item4ac9ddab13

2. Petethebassman

Petethebassman

Mar 7, 2008
    Finland
    That looks really nice! I have one of those early-80's ESP basses, mine has the regular P-Bass headstock and a slightly higher serial number. I've owned my ESP since 1987 and it's a very high quality bass. The tuners are really good and as a bonus they are adjustable, you can adjust tuner tension with an Allen wrench. Whoever buys this gets a great bass. One funny detail, the ebay seller says "I've heard that some of the early basses were made in ESP's NYC shop" and the back of headstock has a "Made in Japan" sticker.

3. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    yeah, there was a non compete clause or something i read somewhere, i guess all the guitars and basses had to be mij stickered regardless of the location of creation or assembly

4. I had that bass in red in the early '90's. Looked awesome, sounded thin. I'm sure I just caught a lemon.

5. Petethebassman

Petethebassman

Mar 7, 2008
    Finland
    Like this?

fender+010.

This is the one I bought in '87. The original pickup sounded kinda thin, so now it has a SD Quarter-Pounder in it.