Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

$$$ for strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by I love the fonz, Apr 16, 2001.

1. How much do strings cost? im looking ot buy fender superbass but i have no idea how much i need to have before i go to the store. Also please tell me what currency your using, like US or canadian or whatever so i can compare (im in australia).

thanks alot

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Go to www.juststrings.com . They have pretty good prices (in US dollars), but they don't show list prices. Also try www.musiciansfriend.com , they show the list price as well. Both of these sites carry Fender Bass Strings.

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    List prices on strings are so high it's silly. And the sad truth is, that most retailers really charge full list price for strings! At least that's the case in my country (Sweden).

Here, a 5-string D'Addario XL set costs roughly US $42 in your average store. When I bought the same set of strings from...

www.sheetmusicplus.com

...I payed around $23, INCLUDING overseas shipping! I will never buy strings in a local store again (or at least not until they lower their prices dramatically!).

Just a little rant, please excuse.

4. hey thanks alot, before i read your responses i went to a music store in the city with 20$ aussie (thats like 12U.S$)
    jeez remember my friend's electric guitar strings were 6$
    :(