Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For talkbassers-travellers:Your favourite city in the world

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Amoilbasso, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    I'm courious which is the city in the world which catched the most your brain,hart,feelings,eyes,sensations etc...
    Mine one is New York.....just followed by Paris.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I haven't been to that many big cities (I mean BIG), so I guess it's Berlin. It's really still unique, but it changed a lot since the fall of the Berlin Wall.
    Definitely worth visiting though.

P.S.: Cologne is very nice too *hint, hint*

3. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    Yeah,Cologne!I loved your gothic cathedral!Wondefull!

And then my hotel was just in a square in front of an amazing shop,with so many hi-end basses!!!Does it still exist?:D

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i really really dig toronto.

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I don't like cities.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Haven't been to all that many (and never been outside the USA), but my favorite city to visit is Chicago. Correction: Chicago in the summertime! It truly is the Windy City.

7. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I'd have to say Rome...

8. CtheOp

CtheOp

Oct 11, 2001
    Toronto, Canada
    Toronto is glad to have you, John. I've recently come back from 3-week vacation in Europe. Third time in London for me. Can't get enough of the place. Love all the history. The tube (subway) strikes around September 25th were a pain, but we got to commisserate with other Londoners who put up with it far more often than my wife and I had to endure.

Belgium was a real surprise to me. Had an amazing time and I've come back with a new appreciation for good beer. The usual Canadian beers I've been drinking just can't compare to the stuff you can enjoy in Belgium. Mmmmmm, Roderbach.....

9. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Mine would be Miami and New York...Of coarse...Niagra Falls (Canadian side) holds alot of good memories for me as well:D

10. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    In my limited travels I fell in love with Valetta in Malta! Don't know if it's a city - there are probably cities in the US that are bigger than all of Malta!

I also have a great desire to visit more of Germany (I've only spent time in Flensburg - I love Flensburger!)when I get the chance! JMX - when that time comes, I just might come visit you!:)

11. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    Rome has such great monuments of course!But I don't dig the city:it's untidy;those monuments are not brought out properly.For example:I woludn't allow the cars to run so near to the colosseum.

12. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence

yes!My favourite one in the U.S after NYC...

but Las Vegas....it's so trash!!!Worth to get there at least once!:D :D :D

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool :) i might be travelling up there some time in the next month or so, how's the weather?

14. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Torn between two Burg(h)s:

Pittsburgh PA
    Salzburg Austria

15. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Don't know if it's technically a city, but my favorite would be Stresa, Italy. That is one of the most quaint and beautiful places I've ever visited. The lake (Lago Maggiore) surrounded by the mountains (Mottarone) makes for a wonderous experience.

I guess second would be Paris. That was a surprise to me, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it due to all the hype, but man did I enjoy myself! :D

And I can't deny my own state. Austin has to be my favorite domestic city. The only problem is that it is underequipped to handle the amount of people that live there. Traffic is a nightmare. Beautiful city though, lots of small hills and pretty buildings. And so much to do there! 6th Street is always alive with music and people, it can be quite an experience sometimes.

16. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
  17. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence

Ahhh!I've been there twice;but I've never been able to visit it properly!
    1st time:my sister was having wealth troubles here in Italy,so I lived in the hotel,always on the phone:(
    2nd time:Hurricane Andrew was very near to New Orleans,so I stayed closed in the hotel again!!!:( :mad: :mad:

18. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I will always have a soft spot in my heart for St Louis, MO... I grew up around there, lived in StL for a while, have family and friends there, a great town! Lots to do and see...

P@