For the CLAYPOOL Fans.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Anyone here a fan of Les Claypool? Not a fan of Primus, but of his several other bands? Sausage, Holy Mackeral, Oysterhead, Frog Brigade, Bernie Brains? Well then you'll LOVE this. He's releasing a DVD of video footage of all his "side projects". There's already a few Primus videos/DVDs, but now you can see him in action with all the other (and sometimes better) bands. CHECK IT OUT!!!
  2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    that's awesome - it's too bad there's no footage of the Electric Apricot though, hehe.

check out the video clip, haha - Lapdog rules...

3. I'm not seeing Claypool anywhere in the site. Did he do like a guest appearance or something?
  4. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm putting this next to my PRIMUS:HALLUCINOGENETICS concert DVD.
  5. Ha, I got to see them live on the Hallucinogenetics tour. In Radio City Music Hall. An incredible concert to say the least. I also had the pleasure of seeing Primus twice in the year before that, and his Bernie Brains band in October after that. I swear, he must LOVE New York. He played 4 concerts in Manhatten in less then a year, I was at all of them:)
  6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I also caught the Hallucinogenetics tour -- Toronto show. Great stuff, I imagine his side projects would be nothing short of spectacular live as well.
  7. Yeah they are. When I saw the Bucket of Bernie Brains live, they opened with an improvised jam, then maybe 2 songs from the album, another improv jam, another song, another jam, it was so awesome. I love hearing the stuff that they just pull out of their hat, so to speak. It's not planned or written or practiced, they just come up with this awesome stuff on the spot.
    I noticed though, that with Bernie Brains, Les was really taking a backseat to the rest of the band. Most of the time, he was keeping it pretty simple compared to his stuff with Primus. He was often just keeping a nice, fairly simple groove going while the rest of the band (especially Buckethead) went crazy. BTW, if you never saw Buckethead play live, it's one of those experiences that just stays with you. That guy is beyond good.
  8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    click on the guy with the drumsticks in his hands - "Lapdog" Miloslovich or something...and then be sure to watch the rediculous trailer carefully. It's Claypool on drums and vocals, 'percussion' and a little piano (looking a bit like Ringo)...somewhere towards the end of the clip I also noticed a quick shot of Mike Gordon eating something with Warren Haynes?
    At first I thought he had lost his mind, and maybe he has - but it's pretty funny in a delusional spinal tap sort of way.
    electric apricot, just that title, reminds me of purple onion
    he's weird
  9. Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    Oysterhead is rad.