For the First Time Ever I Was Star Struck!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ok, I get out of my class at 2 pm, and I'm waiting by the car for my girlfriend to get out of class and meet me. So I'm looking for her and who do I see strolling down the street on a cell phone? Hmm... his hair looked really familiar, almost like Victor Wooten... oh, wait that's because it was Victor Wooten. So I did what any bassist would do, my jaw dropped and I stared at him. I wanted to talk to him so bad, but I knew I couldn't think of anything cool to say, and plus he was on the phone, I didn't want to interupt. :oops:

Yeah, for some reason he was just walking around my campus before the concert (at 8 pm? hmmmm). He must have got there a tad early. Wonderful concert. The most fantastic display of musicianship I have ever seen. Everyone was amazing. Futureman is a nut, I couldn't believe all the things he was doing. Playing the drums, drumitar, and his crazy weird keyboard. Plus, he's a pretty good singer too. Bela was really cool, he even got in a fretboard smacking contest with Vic, everyone was joking around. Jeff Coffin is amazing. I hadn't heard much from this guy, but wow. When he started playing two saxaphones at once, the place erupted!

Vic's bass solo was fantastic. He created a bunch of loops and jammed over them. Vic got the most applause out of everyone. :cool:

I highly recommed everyone to check them out. Even if you don't dig that kind of music, Bela Fleck and The Flecktones are a wonderful live act.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    On behalf of the rest of music fans everywhere who also hold some restraint I just want to say thank you for not running up and interrupting Vic's phone conversation screaming "OMG, You're so awesome!".

brad cook
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Phhttt. What a Groupie.
  5. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    i saw Jimmy Page in our local safeway supermarket in penrith on saturday
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Hey, when did you come back?

WR: All he did that qualifies as a "trick" was he did the "look at me, I could be in poision" bass strap flip trick. Cool none the less in the middle of an amazing bass solo. I gained a helluvalota respect for the man that night. I just new him as a very impressive wanker. But one thing I most definatly learned that night is that the Wooten bros can groove their asses off. I would gladly see them again. Hell I'd even pay more that 7 dollars this time! :D
  8. For some reason, I resisted buying the Bela Fleck and the Flecktones DVD...does anybody know if its REALLY good?
  9. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    i know a guy that has Vic's home phone number. He gives bass lessons in his house. I would love just to take a few lessons from him!
  10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You quote me, yet respond to WR, which means,

You love me, and you can't control it.

Thats ok, I have that effect on groupies.
  11. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003