Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For the First Time Ever I Was Star Struck!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ok, I get out of my class at 2 pm, and I'm waiting by the car for my girlfriend to get out of class and meet me. So I'm looking for her and who do I see strolling down the street on a cell phone? Hmm... his hair looked really familiar, almost like Victor Wooten... oh, wait that's because it was Victor Wooten. So I did what any bassist would do, my jaw dropped and I stared at him. I wanted to talk to him so bad, but I knew I couldn't think of anything cool to say, and plus he was on the phone, I didn't want to interupt. :oops:

Yeah, for some reason he was just walking around my campus before the concert (at 8 pm? hmmmm). He must have got there a tad early. Wonderful concert. The most fantastic display of musicianship I have ever seen. Everyone was amazing. Futureman is a nut, I couldn't believe all the things he was doing. Playing the drums, drumitar, and his crazy weird keyboard. Plus, he's a pretty good singer too. Bela was really cool, he even got in a fretboard smacking contest with Vic, everyone was joking around. Jeff Coffin is amazing. I hadn't heard much from this guy, but wow. When he started playing two saxaphones at once, the place erupted!

Vic's bass solo was fantastic. He created a bunch of loops and jammed over them. Vic got the most applause out of everyone. :cool:

I highly recommed everyone to check them out. Even if you don't dig that kind of music, Bela Fleck and The Flecktones are a wonderful live act.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    AHH THATS AWESOME>

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    On behalf of the rest of music fans everywhere who also hold some restraint I just want to say thank you for not running up and interrupting Vic's phone conversation screaming "OMG, You're so awesome!".

:bassist:

brad cook

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Phhttt. What a Groupie.

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    i saw Jimmy Page in our local safeway supermarket in penrith on saturday

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Hey, when did you come back?

WR: All he did that qualifies as a "trick" was he did the "look at me, I could be in poision" bass strap flip trick. Cool none the less in the middle of an amazing bass solo. I gained a helluvalota respect for the man that night. I just new him as a very impressive wanker. But one thing I most definatly learned that night is that the Wooten bros can groove their asses off. I would gladly see them again. Hell I'd even pay more that 7 dollars this time! :D

8. For some reason, I resisted buying the Bela Fleck and the Flecktones DVD...does anybody know if its REALLY good?

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    i know a guy that has Vic's home phone number. He gives bass lessons in his house. I would love just to take a few lessons from him!

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You quote me, yet respond to WR, which means,

You love me, and you can't control it.

Thats ok, I have that effect on groupies.

11. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    That's awsome man!!