1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For the Tool people

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sonicvi, Aug 29, 2007.

1. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
  2. jonpopu

jonpopu

Nov 3, 2006
    Chicago
    Done!

Thank you Sir

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, I'm not surprised it went so quickly- those Guyatone Micros have been selling for at least twice that usually. I have it in my head to buy up a crapload of different ones and rehouse them all into a killer true bypass analog multieffect unit.

4. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    i thought you were gonna say that the digitech bass whammy would be back in production:meh: :D

5. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Bongo..are they all pretty decent pedals across the board? I have the MD3 micro delay and think it sounds great, and have been looking at couple of the other micro series pedals...I hate the way they did the backs though...that rubber ring holding the back on sucks...makes it hard for velcro to catch to a board...

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have two of them, the BL-2 and the SD-2, and they are both really good sounding; I have never heard a negative review of the Micros' sound quality, only their flimsy construction. So they are ideal candidates for re-housing.

7. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    TOOL FANS, ATTTACCKKK!!!

8. I dont know about "them".

but I would take offense if someone called me a "Tool person".

9. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Hmm, well I find this a good opporunity as any. A work buddy is offering his Qtron, and I've never used an Autowah other than the XP100's (for sale BTW, but someone's not been getting back to me on it so I'll make a post on F/S on it soon) and I wanna find that aggressive bassballsy envelope filter. Qtron got this? Or is it more used for funk?

10. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Bonafide Tool-o-holic right here, since 1994. I was more of a fan of Paul D'amour until Lateralus came out.

No interest in this auction, but the thought is much appreciated! *salutes a la Mike Watt*

11. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Im TWICE the Tool-aholic that you are!

Maynard be praised, achoo!

(I feel like startin a forum fight for some reason. Might be that I just spend quality time with my RE-20 and am beginning to really get more neat sounds out of it, could be that I got paid today. Regardless...yea)

12. nad

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    I'm game, was drinkin' at an Irish pub tonight, PUT UP YER DUKES!!!

:D

13. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    You guys got somethin' to say to me? Why don't you say it in the microphone. I got a backup mike right here. Check one two, testing, testing. Yup, they both working and guess what? they don't like no feed back, what's up?

14. nad

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    Back in 19-diggity-4 in my first band I was the only one to wear earplugs, on a somewhat irregular basis. When anyone would piss me off, I'd stick the vocal mic into the middle of the giant, unknown, nonmovable 4x15 cabinet we had hooked up to whoever felt like plugging in, creating more feedbacked sonic destruction than a Sunn O))) show.

Lesson learned: don't mess with me... I mean, wear earplugs. :)

15. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I'm not a fan of Tool but I saw them at Lollapalooza '93. All I really remember is the drummer played with his back to the audience.

16. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    19 diggity 4 eh? I was barely stringin my bass then =( Actually someone else was stringin it, as it wasn't mine, and I was7. But all the same.

Lol last time I saw a 4x15 in use was at a Godsmack concert. Thing rattled my jaw, it was epic stuff man.

17. jonpopu

jonpopu

Nov 3, 2006
    Chicago
    We called it diggity cause the Kaiser had stolen the word twenty... I chased him for diggity six miles, but gave up at diggity seven"

18. nad

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The important part is that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time see...

19. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    ***?!

Thats funny, but is it from something? if not then you are hilarious lol

I've never seen a 4x15... and I am scared to... I'm pooping myself just thinking about it... man that has potential to shake my house apart...

20. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    SEV:

[​IMG]