For Those About To Rock

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by LumpyGravy, May 31, 2002.

1. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    I was playing an opening slot at a club a few years back. The band of the evening decided to get LOADED. When it came time to play they were so buzzed that not only did it sound blurry, but their stage show was very funny. The guitar player had a thing for throwing his guitar around his shoulder. He never looked behind him and caught the singer in the head not once, but TWICE. It nearly started an onstage fight. Meanwhile the pitcher drinking bass player managed to miss his mouth and catch a huge blue spark when he touch the mic with his lips. What a show. Other antics besides missed cues and getting tangled up in the guitar cords were the band chicks that were equally drunk trying to airband their "better" halves. I cannot believe they pull off gigs. They are not too popular, but they do have a couple of good tunes, but their stage circus is up there with Spinal Tap.
  2. hahaha. did you detect any talent beneath those leagues of alcohol?
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Dufus. Or is it doofus?
  4. i saw a local band once. it was their first gig
    they had obviously been smoking pot.
    they came on with eyes wide open looking around like crazy
    half way through opening song (some system of a down) the bass player started playing james bond theme over it. Then every note the guitarist played wrong he stopped.
    very ammussing indeed
    anyway later