Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For those Eden WT-800 users who run bridged mode

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Dec 3, 2003.

1. I run mine bridged into my 410XLT. I've noticed that the balance knob turns everything off when turned to the right, but increases gain a bit when turned to the left.

Just wondering if ppl turn all the way to the left or leave it centered.

Also wondering why it does this, since I assumed "bridged" meant bridging both amps, not just using one side, which this seems to point to, but i"m probably incorrect in my thinking. At first I just left it centered and discovered this difference almost by mistake. The manual doesnt say anything about it.

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I have no idea either. I usually run mine stereo into 2 410xlt's but we had a small gig and I used a 210 and noticed the difference when I used the balance knob as well. Looking into it.

3. nice rig! no power probs running 2 8Ohm cabs? I always wondered if 240 watts a side was enough .....

unless your 4x10's are 4 Ohms......

4. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I got me 2 of them there 4ohm cabinets. They freakin' wail. I can pump as much B string as I want and it takes it like a 5 dollar whore. The 210 I used was an 8ohmer.

5. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I run mine with one cab. You mentioned you run yours bridged? How are you bridging your head? What are you bridging it with?

6. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I think I know what's going on here. You pushed in the little button for bridged mode. Since I run one cab I don't use that feature. What this is for is when you are running two cabs bridged into each other. Let's say you are running a 4 x10 and a 15. When you adjust that knob left or right on side gets more power. Say your 15 was just overpowering the 4 x10 then you would adjust the knob and to balance both cabs. If your running one cab there is no need to run it bridged. I could be wrong but it has something to do with what I am talking about, in any event I don't see a need to run it in bridged mode with your current set up.

7. Yes I understand what the balance knob is for :D in stereo mode.

Bridged mode is NOT for hooking two cabs together - it is for BRIDGING the two amps together to get the full 800 watts into an 8Ohm Cab. If you dont use the bridge mode and only run one side, you get 240/8 ohms or 400/4Ohms per side.

Thanks though.

8. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
  9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i keep it turned all the way to the left. i use to keep it centered until i accidently bumped it on a gig and got that drop in volume.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mmmmmmmmnope. Bridged mode is for an 8-ohm load, usually one cab. The WT-800 is not designed to be bridged into anything less than 8 ohms, so if you bridge it into two 8-ohm (or worse, two 4-ohm)cabs, you will broil it. You're thinking of bi-amp mode, in which one 4-ohm (or two 8-ohm) cab is connected to each side of the head. In that configuration, you can not only adjust the volume balance between the sides of the amp, but also the frequency of the crossover between the sides.