Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For those of you holding out on a new Stewart power amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steven Green, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Go to Google and type:

"b&h audio stewart world 2.1"

Click on the 1st result

Choose an amp

drool over the price

:cool: :cool: :cool:

only a few minor details, as explained on the page...

2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Am I being very unclear? I just woke up after a throbbing headache...:(

Okay, B&H Photo/Video has crazy prices on Stewart World Amplifiers!

So, by following the steps above (you can't directly link to the page), you'll see what I'm talking about.

Better?:)

3. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    There are a few conditions:

1)Special Order -- No returns
    2)Shipping takes about 2 weeks because they are special order.

I ordered one today. Not really worried about the no return thing. They are new in box and under full 3 year warranty.

The prices are nothing short of amazing.

4. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I'm gonna make this reeeaaalll simple...

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    cool,

but too bad i already live in NYC. :(

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Killer price. I gave more for mine a few months ago. At whatever price, the 2.1 is a very good power amp.

7. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I can hardly wait to shed nearly 37 lbs from my rack!:D

8. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Actually, I called Bass NW yesterday and they would not match the price. I told them that I would much rather do business with them, but Evan said he'd have to pass on this one. I suppose the profit margin is close to zilch...

9. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    All the Stewart amps went down in price recently. They've got a new line on the way, I think. That's still a good price.

I believe Stewart always drop ships unless you want some to put on display in your shop.

10. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    That's what I thought and B&H said they'd love to just have it drop-shipped (seeing as i live in WA, Stewart is in CA and B&H is in NY), but they said that Stewart would not let them. The called Stewart (or maybe a middleman supplier) and called me back later with a NO answer. They estimated a total wait time of 2 weeks. That's from CA>NY>WA. No biggie...at least I have a working amp until then.:)

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Make sure it has a serial # when you get it. . .I don't know nothing about B&H but there've been some cases of export-only amps being sold sans-serial# domestically at discounts (which is a no-no as they have no warranty).

After a month I had to cancel my QSC order from a different place because they kept giving me the runaround. Their sketchy supplier dried up.

12. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Thanks for the tip!

13. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    B&H is totally legit as far as being an authorized dealer, to my knowledge. I've never dealt with them, so I don't know how good their service or prices are.

The people who were selling amps without serial numbers on eBay weren't authorized dealers, although at least one of them pretended to be.

14. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    B&H is very legit as far as camera eqpt. goes, they have been selling camera stuff for many years at great prices.

15. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    OK, please forgive my paranoia. :)

16. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I'll let you all know how this transaction goes...I doubt there will be any problems...

17. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    considering most if not all the staff are hasidic jews, i'm sure you'll be fine. :)

18. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    :D :D :D

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've bought a lot of camera equipment from B&H over the years, and they are a first-rate company. No BS, no bait-and-switch. Knowledgeable salespeople, helpful and quick. You'll like them.

20. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Just thought I'd update this thread with the latest news...you can get the straight dope here:

warning!

I'll be calling B&H tomorrow...:mad: