1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For those of you tired of all slap demos...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

This is something different!

2. I like it! More fuzz demos!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  3. Like. Been thinking for ages I want a tone/effect like that for certain Blues songs.

And he just nailed it.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    This Does Not Suck. \m/ (not that slap does) ;)

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  5. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    it's pretty great! *glances over toward the effects forum, betting that somebody in there will be able to suss out which fuzz that was*

el_Bajo_Verde and Dr. Cheese like this.
  6. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Me likey!!!

Reminds me of when I was first taking up bass, checking some new models out at the music store I ended up teaching lessons for. This local hero Larry Mullins (claimed to have been in the Ohio Players) came in, was watching me and my best friend noodle. Walked over and took the bass out of my hands, started slapping and popping, handed it back and said "That's how it's done fellas!" and walked away.

Sort of a dick move if you ask me. Didn't ask if he could play it, or wait until I put it back on the wall. And of course being a noob I couldn't have shown him up (not that I'd even want to, slap and pop for the sake of slap and pop is sort of like that guy who can only tell one joke, it's OK the first time you hear it, but not all the time).

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I happen to really like slap, but that line about slapping all the time is like only knowing one joke is great!:smug:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  8. Wow that's some mean tone. I like it.

Dr. Cheese likes this.