For those of you with incredible identification skills...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rush1988, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Rush1988

Rush1988 Guest

May 12, 2002
    USA, GA, Atlanta
    do you have any idea what type of bass this is?

under double, click milo and karl

I'm pretty sure it has a precision and a jazz pickup, it's body doesn't look very round like most fenders and it doesn't appear to have a pickguard.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It has a Fender shape headstock, whatever it is. The body looks like a slab body, similar to the original P bass and the later Tele bass, but they both have the Tele style headstock. It looks as if it may have the single coil P/Tele bass pickup. I don't see how you can tell that it has a bridge pickup.

My guess? It is a late 60's paisley Telecaster bass that has been refinished and has neck from a P bass or a Jazz bass. Or it is a custom job/parts bass.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I think it's a Fender JP-90. They were inexpensive basses that said "Made in USA" but were really assembled in Mexico, AFAIK.

4. Not real sure. Does the dude play the same bass as in the other pics? Cause its a P/J setup with the J sitting pretty close to the bridge. Was it a P-bass special or something that had that arrangement? I ran a quick search on google and found some clearer pics with Fender on the headstock with a bit of writing afterwards. By the look of the control arrangement it might be a bit of a custom job?

Josh D
  5. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    THat sure looks like my JP90 - same pups, same controls, same pickguard, except mine's all black.
  6. Maybe a Warmoth or a Custom Shop Fender?

Edit: Oops, I didn't see the pics posted by Daveze before hitting that damn "submit reply" button... :rolleyes: Treena is right (see below).
  7. It's a Jazz Bass special, made in 1989 MIM, I have one see!

Same bass.

No pickup covers or ashtrays as they are called.

8. oooo look at hott mama!!~!! :D

- w00t