For those of you with incredible identification skills...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rush1988, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Rush1988

Rush1988 Guest

May 12, 2002
    USA, GA, Atlanta
    do you have any idea what type of bass this is?
    Mike

http://www.geocities.com/descend84/new/pics.html

under double, click milo and karl

I'm pretty sure it has a precision and a jazz pickup, it's body doesn't look very round like most fenders and it doesn't appear to have a pickguard.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

It has a Fender shape headstock, whatever it is. The body looks like a slab body, similar to the original P bass and the later Tele bass, but they both have the Tele style headstock. It looks as if it may have the single coil P/Tele bass pickup. I don't see how you can tell that it has a bridge pickup.

My guess? It is a late 60's paisley Telecaster bass that has been refinished and has neck from a P bass or a Jazz bass. Or it is a custom job/parts bass.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think it's a Fender JP-90. They were inexpensive basses that said "Made in USA" but were really assembled in Mexico, AFAIK.

[​IMG]

4. Not real sure. Does the dude play the same bass as in the other pics? Cause its a P/J setup with the J sitting pretty close to the bridge. Was it a P-bass special or something that had that arrangement? I ran a quick search on google and found some clearer pics with Fender on the headstock with a bit of writing afterwards. By the look of the control arrangement it might be a bit of a custom job?

Josh D

5. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    THat sure looks like my JP90 - same pups, same controls, same pickguard, except mine's all black.

6. Maybe a Warmoth or a Custom Shop Fender?

Edit: Oops, I didn't see the pics posted by Daveze before hitting that damn "submit reply" button... :rolleyes: Treena is right (see below).

7. It's a Jazz Bass special, made in 1989 MIM, I have one see!

[​IMG]

Same bass.
    [​IMG]

No pickup covers or ashtrays as they are called.

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. oooo look at treena....ooo... hott mama!!~!! :D

- w00t