1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For those that ordered from Sweetwater

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fingerguy, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fingerguy

fingerguy Banned

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Is it common getting a call from Sweetware confirming an order? I am asking for that is exactly what they did for the Mono case. The only other time a company did that was Dell because I ordered a business class laptop for personal use.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Sweetwater is big on calling, yeah. My Sweetwater rep usually calls me after each order and occasionally out of the blue just to check in. Hard to get used to actual decent customer service.

LiquidMidnight, Alik and Bipslapper like this.
  3. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    Kinda standard anti-fraud call, the first one.

...And then they will call you shortly after it arrives, and every few months after that... I bought 4 wall hangers from them last year, and they just called again yesterday. 3rd or 4th followup wondering if there's anything they can get me to buy.

...And you'll find a bag of candy in the box.

4. viper4000

viper4000

Aug 17, 2010
    Charlotte
    That's how they roll. If it becomes too much, you can ask them to stop. I did that. They obliged. Then a few years later bought something else, and got the call. Same guy. Had his notes from our last convo and said he'd wait for me to reach out if I needed anything. Has not called back.

In today's world of tablets and screens, it is nice to actually deal with someone from time to time. But still be able to take advantage of the convenience of online retail.

bholder and Mktrat like this.
  5. fingerguy

fingerguy Banned

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Thanks. Just curious if it was because I was using my fiances credit card for a purchase for me.

6. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I bought a cable from them like 10 years ago. They still call me...

murphy likes this.
  7. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    I've been buying from them for years, decades in fact, and my sales associate called me just before Thanksgiving JUST to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving, no sales pitch. Dave's a great guy and what started as a purely business association has turned in to a real friendship. Sweetwater rocks IMHO!

murphy likes this.
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Yep, Sweetwater does customer service right. I never feel pressured when my guy calls to check in with me, and because of that I’ve referred several new customers to him.

Chris Fitzgerald likes this.
  9. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

They don't call me these days even though I buy stuff from them. The sales rep assigned to me has a pretty good idea of what I buy and what I like. She's more than willing to offer suggestions when I ask and find out if she doesn't know, but I mostly get emails checking in when I have ordered something. That's what I prefer and that's what she does. They have it nailed as far as I'm concerned.

10. I must be one of very few people who find the calls annoying.

LiquidMidnight and Fat Freddy like this.
  11. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    I'll have a report on them and a certain shipping firm shortly. Carrier(bass shipper) and/or Sweetwater seemed to have had a problem. Got emails to/from both on a bass ordered 12/4/17 and stories don't match. Bass ordered with case is MIA.

12. I feel badly - I mean I like the effort to provide exceptional customer service - I really do. I respect it immensely. But I know what I’m going to order, and when I’m going to order it. I wish they would stop calling me. That being said - I’d much rather buy from them than MF/GC.

13. yep happens all the time...I have regular conversations with Brad (my assigned sales rep) all the time...

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    They never call me.

-Mike

15. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Just tell them your preference as to contact (or lack of same). My rep never contact me unless I initiate, or if there is something where I want info - for instance, I had asked a few questions about the special edition Jack Cassidy bass ahead of time, so he emailed me as soon as they were getting stock. Like any other sales, some reps are more aggressive than others.

16. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Why am I not surprised to hear this?.......:laugh:

17. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Maybe they the guy is wearing a hat when he calls you. :D

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  18. That's fine if he's outdoors.

slobake and bholder like this.