1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For those that own multiple of basses. Does each bass have its own case?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iwearpumas, Apr 2, 2013.

1. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    Should each bass have its own gig bag/case or should I just rotate the cases with my basses? I don't want to have a bunch of gig bags with basses laying around the house. My basses come with hardshell cases but I prefer gig bags. Now I just store the unused bass in the hardshell case and when I want a bass, I just take the one and put in my gig bag. Or is it better for each bass to have its own case?

2. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    each has their own case

3. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    Two Basses share 1 case or 1 bag

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I think what you're doing is fine I sold some of my cases because I had too many and they were just taking up space.

5. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    No, I keep them in the gui****robe and use a gig bag when they leave the house.

6. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    3 basses---

2 hard cases
    3 soft gig bags

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Hardshells for everything. And hardshells go to the show because all of our gear rides in the back of a truck.

8. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    I have two hard cases loaded with the stuff I need for the two bands I am in. I just put whatever bass I feel like playing that night into the appropriate case.

9. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I have an equal number of basses and cases/gig bags but only two gig bags leave the house. A single and a double.

10. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    3 basses

2 hard cases
    2 gig bags

11. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    I just moved, the first thing that went was ALL of my basses (two trips...) food and my bed. Necessities. Anyway, I found out how many basses to cases I have: the ratio is 1:1. perfect. A handful of gig bags and OHSC's for resale value of the nicer ones.

12. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    2 basses:

1 hard shell for my main bass
    1 soft gig bag for my lesser used bass

13. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    There are no rules or guidelines here. It's purely a matter of personal preference.

I own eight (8) bass guitars. Each one has its own hardshell case; each one has its own gig bag. That's the way I like it, so that's what I do. Your choice... :meh:

MM

14. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    5 basses, 2 hard cases, 1 hard-soft case, 2 gig bags.

15. tmntfan

tmntfan

Oct 6, 2011
    Edmonton canada
    I have HSC for most of my basses but for going to most gigs I take a bag cause it is easier, unless the gig is a ways away. I also keep the basses out when at home.

16. Liam76

Liam76

Dec 28, 2012
    I have 6 basses and 2 gig bags, one hard case. 5 of them are Fender so those all fit in any of them. My 5-string is 36" scale, but it has so many dings I just throw it in the passenger side of the car.

17. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    Should they, no idea. But all mine have either a case or bag of their own. Most came with one or the other.

18. Raymeous

Raymeous

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego
    Cases?

Carvin LB76 - Hardshell case
    Ibanez Ashula - Hardshell case
    Squier P-Bass - Gigbag

19. well now I don't have to type it out for myself.

20. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    Three Precision/Jazz size basses share two hard cases and a gig bag. I usually take two basses to gigs in hard cases so they rotate which goes in which case.
    Other basses have their own HSC.