Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For those Tool fans who booed King Crimson:

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You deserved all the punishment you will get, for Robert Fripp is playing on the new Tool CD. Oh yes, you meatheaded mongloids, Fripp will be doling out fuzz pedal mahem into your sorry tin ears. Be forewarned: us smrt people are taking Tool back. Please lend your support to Limp Bizkit instead.

Proof:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been hearing reports that the next Tool CD will be much heavier, due to Fantomas and Meshuggah kicking their ass on tour. I was pretty dissappointed with Lateralus, so it's good to see that thier new one is shaping up the way it is. I'm (dare I say it?) actually excited about their upcoming release.

How long must we wait now? Any ideas?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How can you be dissapointed with Lateralus? IMO that cd defines what Tool is as a band.. and if you dont like it..i dont know how you can like tool...

(IMO) :bag:

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    +1

Lateralus was great. I thought it was the most logical step in Tool's evolution.

Screw all those boo'ers Ben. Just a bunch of stupid kids who are too stupid to view music beyond it's heaviness. Tool's music carries across more emotion than 10 of those "hard" bands combined.

4. OH MY DEAR GOD! THIS IS GOING TO RULE SO ****ING MUCH!!!

5. Yay!

Whens that stupid Claypool/Carey/Belew thing gonna get done damnit!

6. Can't wait!

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    WHO BOOED King Crimson?

8. Good thing i wasnt there when they booed the King, i would of had to bash some tool goats in the head! :bassist:

9. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Many, many people booed King Crimson at the Tool concerts. And I thought Lateralus was rather weak. Rather. Weak. Yup.

10. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Booing King Crimson. That, I say, that just ain't right son.

11. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I'm a big Tool fan, and I preferred Aenima to Lateralus, although the latter was not bad, IMO. Oh, and I would NEVER boo another band... if they're that bad, just leave.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I thought Tool was rather weak. Rather. Weak. Yup.

13. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Tool was strong on Opiate and Undertow. They got weaker for Aniema, but made up for it in smarts. Then they put out Laturalus, which, as I've said before was weak, but also blurred the line between stupid and clever.

I am very interested in hearing what Tool will sound like after soaking up the influences of two of my favorite bands: King Crimson and Meshuggah.

14. i just wish fripp would stand up when he plays!
    of course knowing my luck, he probably has some disease that i don't know about, and i'll be a real jerk for saying it!

as for tool, i like tool. lateralus was good imo, i think they are pretty heavy to begin with, now they are going to be heavier! sweet!

15. genderblind

genderblind

Oct 21, 2004
    Montreal
    This just reminds me of Nine Inch Nails fans booing David Bowie when they toured as a double bill.
    A similar situation, as Reznor is a huge Bowie fan and set up the tour.
    Sad, silly, and closed-minded...

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    "I'm Afraid of Americans" = great song.

Sounds like the new Tool album will be worth picking up! Fantastic.

17. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Geeze, Ben. And I thought you may have been over-compensating with your pedals: ;)

[​IMG]

:D

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Im sorry, but king crimson > tool.

That is all.

19. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Booing King Crimson should be illegal. (I'm not a fan, but I have one live cd)
    By the way, I like Lateralus.

20. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    tru dat. And I was personally VERY disappointed in Lateralus (after being a huge fan of Opiate and Undertow) so this is good news in my book.