For those who love the game HALO...and for those who don't.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by volumefiend, Jan 24, 2004.

1. heheh...

there is a video series put out by of HALO characters battling in multiplayer mode. it is hellarious. as the story unfolds, it just becomes funnier. i love these videos. check 'em out. on kazaa, search for "red vs blue". the videos are free, so you wont be stealing.:rolleyes:
  2. Meh, I wasn't too too impressed with Halo, I just don' see what is so special about it. But then again, I never was a fan of the XBOX.

Gimme a PC or a Gamecube anyday.
  3. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Halo is about the best game in the last 5 years. I recently started playing it over again, and I've been getting stomped on Heroic.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    man, I posted this like...last year ....get with the times :p

At anyrate, halo is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history, originally developed specifically for the g4 processor, halo was to be a monument to the processing power apple had under their wing. the physics engine was light years ahead of everything else, over 5 years were spent developing it.

then microsoft buys out bungie and the game only just made it to macs and pcs a couple months ago!
  5. well jeez WR! youre johnny-i-done-it-already.

:D ;)
  6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    HALO was a big "so what".

Sure, it was the only shooter for XBOX, and it looked UBER-AWESOME.

But that was about it.

Gameplay-wise, it lacked BIG TIME compared to other games in it's genre.

But hey, like I said, looked pretty.

(HALO 2 looks... well, remember that lame "Live video on top of 3-D game" thing were the video looked all out of place and silly? Yeah,,,)
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Halo for PC is ok. Unreal Tourney 2k4 will stomp it into oblivion though. :D
  8. I have Halo for the PC and its pretty kick arse. My only complaint is that the multiplayer netcode can use a bit of tweaking, but other than that, good game.
  9. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I found Halo kinda boring, sort of like Quake without the fun. Kung-Fu Kaos! Now there's a game! Midnight Club 2 is ok, once you get used to the bizarre characters. Vice City on the X-box is fun and I'm just checking out 'Armed and Dangerous'.
  10. Ehh, I find it impossible to compare Halo to any modern PC shooter. It's just well.... there's nothing to it. Run around and blow up 3 of your buddies, hell yea. Where's he hiding? Oh wait, I can just look over to the next screen!

There's no depth or anything. Nothing like stuff like half-life and it's many mods or any ww2 game or anything.

I remember the hype 5 years ago. It was going to be the best thing ever. Then they delayed it year after year, and when it came out, it wasn't anything like what the hype made it out to be. I thought it was gonna be some super-tactical, amazingly pretty computer game with great team-based multiplayer capability, but no, just a simple deathmatch. It does look quite pretty though.
  11. im all about the DesertCombat mod for BF1942. i play it endlessly!
  12. I tried Halo... it didn't get to me at all, just another boring shoot 'em up game. even more boring than most other FPSs.

but then again I'm more of a RPG guy. :meh:

anyway, those are my 2 isk...

:spit: :bassist:
  13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I love Halo. Has a much better than average story line, and some very creepy moments. Wasn't as revolutionary as Half Life, but none of the id software games (as cool as they were, graphically) have had any story to speak of.

It's a sci-fi game, but I like the realism: your character doesn't move too fast, and even better, I love the fact that you can only carry two weapons at once (plus grenades). It always seemed ridiculous to me that someone could run around with twelve different weapons plus tons of ammo for each. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun to have a huge arsenal at your disposal. But being limited to just two weapons makes you think twice before picking up that rocket launcher.

The vehicles rock. My friends and I have Xbox LAN parties and deathmatch with vehicles is awesome. One of my favorite things to do in single player is tear around the Silent Cartographer island in the Warthog and try to run over the baddies before my gunner takes 'em out. It's funny when the enemies freeze for a moment and then dive out of the way (if they can).

Halo graphics are sweet... nice textures and bump mapping. Aside from some repetitive moments, level design is top notch. Immersion factor is very high IMO.

I'm going to upgrade my PC for Doom III, and hopefully Half Life 2 will be right behind it. But overall I'm digging the Xbox a lot... decent amount of "realistic" games for a console. My other favorite games for it are Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six 3. Ghost Recon and Castle Wolfenstein were pretty good too. But unfortunately, I thought Secret Weapons Over Normandy sucked ass. :mad:
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My brothers and I constantly played multi-player games with the Warthogs, which to me are the only reason Halo was any good. I LOVED playing around with the hog in the second level. Other than that...

15. OHHHH Yeah it does!:D :D
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    hmm. he said it DOES. Not it WILL. HMMMMM. :eek:
  17. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Well, I am not a PC game freak, so my opinion may be a little uninformed...

Halo wipes the floor with all those recockulous uber-fast psycho PC games every time. The story is second to none except maybe a Final Fantasy or Grandia (2), and you just get into it so far... I know exactly how a Jackal will piss off behing a rock and when you've trampled all his friends he'll unload all over you, or when a Combat-type Flood will try to pop up after getting torn to shreds with an AR... nothing current beats it.

All you non-believers, I fart in your general direction. :D
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'd rather play Savage.

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

OH YEAH!

:D :D

or Call of Duty, those are the two best FPS games out right now.