For those who missed it.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    BET Jazz will play the Stanley Clark concert tonight @ 8 pm EST.
  2. Is this on regular cable? or some Pay-per view BS?

3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's regular cable, but it depends if your provider has the BET Jazz station.
  4. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I caught that on Sunday morning BET last week. Totally a-mazing. Stanley was sounding great, and the bass-off they had at the end was awesome! I saw they had Marcus Miller, Bunny Brunel, and many others on there, does anybody have the full list? Also, the stuff with Bela Fleck and that violin player was quite groovy, they had good chemistry together.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I just watched it....good stuff.

It was cool to see so many various musicians struttin their stuff. There were times when it didn't seem to flow very well, but on the whole it was pretty happening.

I really liked seeing flea, I haven't been keeping up with the red hot chili peppers in quite some time, and it was neat seeing him tear it up.

That big bass off in the end was ridiculous, that scholarship kid had a really really bad tone, maybe it was just the recording(Everything was kind of weak sound-wise), but ack, It made me want to turn off the show.

I think I like Stanley clarke more onthe upright, he has such a smooth and creamy tone, he really sounds great on upright.

not to take away from his electric playing, but I prefer his upright stuff.

thanks for the heads up woodchuck!
  6. marcus sounded great, as usual. i really liked the bit they showed of alex al, too.
    jimmy johnson...i never really heard him before, but he was awesome.