1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Those Who Were Unaware of the New Fender Adam Clayton Precision Bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Christcr, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    Here it is (or soon will be):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass...adam-clayton-precision-bass-maple-fingerboard

And even in my favorite color. Cool.

But here is somewhat of an ancillary mystery:

Fender Adam Clayton Precision Bass PREORDER - Shipping in November - Swing City Music

Obviously not a P-bass. So will that purple sparkle be available on the Adam Clayton J-bass as well? Interesting photo that obviously is not meant to be there. (note: maybe the store will fix it before you see the photo. It is a JAZZ bass in purple sparkle, not the same P-bass listed at GC)

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    NJ or Pa
    Hopefully the Jazz is just a non-sig model.
    Looks good with maple fretboard and matching headstock. You don't see that often enough.

byoung93888 and Kirk Bryant like this.
  3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    NJ or Pa

Available here as the Jazz bass.
    Deposit required, but…

4dog and SirMjac28 like this.
  4. Ramonesfan59

Ramonesfan59

Jul 4, 2016
    Take neck A, put it on body B or C, use decal D or E and there you have it...two signature basses!
    Or for the $2K they're asking for this bass, just buy one each used Mexican P and J bass and have 'em custom painted!
    (I'm such a jerk!)

5. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    NJ or Pa
    Guess they don't know where to find matching fretboard inlays.

SirMjac28, edencab and plav1959 like this.
  6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Nifty!

7. Ramonesfan59

Ramonesfan59

Jul 4, 2016
    I think they would look better with dots.

8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Wow!!! Another Fender sig bass. Who would have thought? :smug:

9. jaybones

jaybones

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    I don't care for the color, but I'm not buying or playing it so I don't care.
    And I don't mine the abalone inlays.

10. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Owner of seven basses - eligible for 44 TB Clubs Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Coincidentally I pulled out my P bass on Saturday afternoon and played half a dozen U2 songs. I’m not trying to be sarcastic, but I don’t know any U2 songs from a bass perspective. However, as long as you know the song in your head, just start playing and by the second verse you know the song well enough. Lots of fun. Very approachable bass parts. Using TI flats on an AmStd P into a Mesa D-800+. Good times.

11. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

"Where The Streets Have No Name" has a very nice bass part.

Ghastly likes this.
  12. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    Not as graceful as his signature jazz, IMHO. Interesting, but I'll pass. I wish they'd do his beat up p bass from Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree. Or offer a P bass version of the Sherwood green jazz. I loved his custom shop gold p.

13. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Rickenbacker Enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    I'm digging that Precision - might just have to get one.

byoung93888 likes this.
  14. Well some others aren't as thrilled and I know purple sparkle and abalone inlays are not for everyone, but they are surely for me! Yeah, this comes in both the J and the P. I imagine the J is the same as his Sherwood green one though with a different paint job and different blocks, as well as maple rather than rosewood board. Then the P version which may be using the same J neck. Anyway, my order for the P is in and I'm excited! Both are available at Musicians Friend, and with very limited numbers of 72 Ps and 91 Js (I didn't know this previously but shown above) I'm hoping mine locks in. I check the Musicians Friend New and Pre-order basses almost every day when I'm in the market for a new Fender and these just popped up, so I know my order was in early.

mexicant, jd56hawk and JMacBass65 like this.
  15. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    That’s the “Bass Formerly Known as the Adam Clayton P Bass”.

EddiePlaysBass and Spidey2112 like this.
  16. Burgundy must with matching headstock haddock is one of my favourite colours but i would have preferred a dark fretboard ... anyway you buy this one just for considerations regarding the bass' aestethics not certainly for the particularly brilliant bassistic virtues of the endorsing artist (without offence and prejudice)

Spidey2112 likes this.
  17. sbpark

sbpark Supporting Member

May 26, 2010
    Fugly.

Hippopaulimus and 1960jbass like this.
  18. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    Not my thing at all, but if it helps Fender stay afloat then I'm all for it.

bobba66, packhowitzer and Spidey2112 like this.
  19. FingerDub

FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    I don't see them offering this as USA made for 2K list. Pretty sure this is the first 2k Mexican.

desertrider71 likes this.
  20. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Nolanville, TX
    The back of the head stock on the Musician's Friend page has a US serial number. What makes you pretty sure this is MX made?