Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

for those with qsc rmx power amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by driver11, Jun 14, 2003.

1. driver11

driver11

Nov 28, 2002
    i have a qsc rmx 850 and while runnin it in bridged mono, both sig led lights go on for both channels while playing, even though ch. 2 volume is at 0 and i'm only using the ch. 1 volume. also, i can make it louder by turning up ch. 2 volume. is this normal? i just assummed since i was bypassing ch. 2 the sig led would not go on for that channel and it would have no impact on the volume if turned up...i also double checked the settings on the back and they are for bridged mono...

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    There was a thread about this a few days ago. I'm too lazy to search. When running in bridged mode the signal LED's for both channels should light up, since you're using both sides of the amp. Turning the channel 2 volume up probably won't help anything. Actually, I believe it is recommended to keep the channel 2 control at 0.

3. dooberheim

dooberheim

May 17, 2002
    Missouri
    driver11:

Check the you are using the right cable hookup. For bridged mono the positive pins of both amps drive the speaker(s). You may need to change the wiring in your Speakon connector (it needs to be +1 to positive and +2 to negative, see your manual).

DK

4. Even though the signal light for channel 2 is coming on the gain control for channel 2 is not operating. I leave mine turned all the way off.

5. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    what these guys said