1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For those with spare time.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Arctopus, Sep 13, 2008.

1. I just recently came to the major epiphany that I don't need expensive gear to make me happy. So, with that in mind, I put down a deposit on a Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass V Active today in sexy Olympic White and I believe this will be my new #1 Bass.

Now, here is my request! My second bass that I have at the moment is a Squier P Bass Special V and I was thinking of defretting it. So, if you want, and you're good with photoshop, could you shop the below picture and replace the frets with tan fret markers, as most wood cements are that colour.

Thanks in advance :)

[​IMG]

2. dsDodgers

dsDodgers Banned

Sep 7, 2008
    sunny so cal
    what in the hell?!
    p bass with J pups? oO
    whats going on with those knobs?

p.s not hating, cause this actually seems like what ive been yearning for for a quite some time

3. Yup! It comes stock with J's and the knobs are knurled tops. Neck and headstock a bit weighty, but it's easy to adjust to. You can get some really nice warm sounds from it and then you can get some real punch and clarity from it too. For the money you spend and the quality you get, it's worth it!

4. dsDodgers

dsDodgers Banned

Sep 7, 2008
    sunny so cal
    where can i find it?:eek: :hyper:

5. I tried looking for it on the Squier site, but it seems to have been discontinued, but ask around your local music stores and just keep your eyes open.

If you can't find one I can recommend the Squier Vintage Modified '70s Jazz. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-70s-Jazz-Bass?sku=519639

Or if you want a fiver, you can get what I'm getting :D http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Active-5-String-Jazz-Bass-V?sku=512618

6. No paintshop pros on tonight? :<

7. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I'm not a paintshop pro. But I suggest that for filling the slots you use either wood strips (check your local art supply/hobby shop) or binding (that's what I used when I defretted one of my guitars. Much easier and faster than what you are considering, IMO.

8. weaknezz

weaknezz

Jan 22, 2009
    Oslo, Norwy
    Is there a photoshop thread on this forum anyway?