No longer available FOR TRADE- MY BONGO 5 FOR YOUR BONGO 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WhtMtnGrv, Apr 8, 2016.

1. WhtMtnGrv

WhtMtnGrv Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    So I have a pretty long shot request, but I figure it's worth a go.

I'd like to trade my 9.75/10 condition 2005 Bongo 5 HS in Carbon Blue Pearl straight up for your Bongo 4. I'm not too picky on pick up configuration, or even color to be honest. I just love these basses and want to keep one in my arsenal, but I don't really play this one that much since I've been using 4's more lately. It was bought in November of 2015 from a an awesome TB'er @buzzbass (original thread here: SOLD - Bongo 5 H/S - Again)

I already have another 5 string and have more of a need for 4 stringers with what I currently have going on musically. I understand that there could be a value difference between our two instruments. If we agree to terms, a bit of cash going in either direction works for me.

I'd prefer that this be a local-ish deal, but I'm willing to drive up to an hour and a half or so (more on a good day :wacky:) to swap basses. I live about 15 minutes from Trenton in Central NJ.

I'll upload pictures tomorrow but I'm in no rush since if you are considering this trade, you already know what a Bongo looks like. Here is the information/specs below. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

2005 Bongo 5
    Pickup Config- HS
    Color- Carbon Blue Pearl
    PG- White Ice
    Serial No- F12459. (Manufacture complete date of 2/5/05, per EBMM Serial number forum post #10725 at Music Man Serial Number Database - Page 715)
    Condition- 9.75/10: There are 2 tiny headstock nicks, but you have to be within a couple feet to make them out. There is only one practically invisible mark on the body, but it is only a visual one; if you run your finger over it you cannot feel it. It would likely be able to polished out.

Thanks for looking and take care!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. WhtMtnGrv

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    Bump

3. WhtMtnGrv

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    And a bump

4. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Hmmmm, that thing looks familiar

5. WhtMtnGrv

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    And old friend, perhaps? :thumbsup:

Hope you're doing well!

I may end up just buying a 4 string because I love this thing but if a real tempting offer comes along, she may go to a new home.

6. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    We got the horse, she's doing great

7. WhtMtnGrv

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    Awesome! Glad to hear it.

8. WhtMtnGrv

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    Bump!

9. pbass2go

pbass2go

Dec 19, 2004
    Apple Valley, MN
    Have a HH4 in burgundy that I would be willing to part with... I have a Stealth 5HH that I love.. PM me your email and I will send pics if you are interested

10. WhtMtnGrv

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    Pm'd

11. WhtMtnGrv

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    And with a new Kalium set strung to EADGC, I've found a new love for this beast.

I'm gonna keep her.... For now anyway

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021