Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For Trade - Trace Elliot AH250

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Moo, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    SOLD

Trace Elliot AH250 head with 11 band EQ. Mark V model.

Bought new in 1987 for over $1100.

Good points:
    Loudest 250 watt amp anywhere, very flexible EQ. Built like a tank. Little fish sticker looks cool with the black light on.

Bad points:
    Weighs a ton. The two little EQ buttons gave out in the first year or so, you can still access the functions with the footswitch or the little box I made that plugs into the footswitch jack. (see picture) These are not standard switches so you'd have to accept the way it works now or hunt down the switches.

Handle is getting beat up and has duct tape. A few nicks here and there. Other than that it works like when I bought it.

It's about as loud as my Eden 400 but sounds quite different, I have the slip cover with zippered pocket as well.

I'm looking to trade for.

1. A different amp that weighs less, mainly as a backup for my Eden 400. Ones I'm not interested in are Hartke or Carvin.

2. A backup 5 string. So many possibilities, something Jazz Bass like would be nice. A Fender MIM jazz V would be good.

And now the pics...

Attached Files:

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Close ups

Attached Files:

3. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA