1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For US residents

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Mar 25, 2006.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Don't forget to change the batteries in the smoke detectors in conjunction with springing forward.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Is it daylight saving tonight already?

3. My smoke detectors hook up to house power. I'm not sure if that's the best idea or not.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I had to do this because the remodel of my house. The building code mandated 'hard-wired' smoke detectors with battery back-ups in all bedrooms amongst others.

Much plaster sawing, much mess, fishing 3-way wires about.

Grunt.

5. So it is cool if us Canadians just chill and burn down?

Nice, batteries are expensive

6. My cat is my fire alarm. He hates fire. Everytime we have a fire in the fireplace he freaks and hides in my room.

Rock on
    Eric

7. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Not a bad idea, along with P.Arron's Battery backup ( a requirement for wired systems IIRC) Less chance of the batteries being dead AND the power being out.

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I have power free smoke detector... its called nose. If I can breathe, I get the $@%! OUT. Worked for 24 years so far, no problems.

9. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Wow, that's really..........not smart. Walk down to the local fire station and tell them your plan. Their response should be priceless....