1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For vocals

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Is there a speaker that has an input in it for a mic that can be used to have vocals at our rehearsal? We don't have a singer and we don't have a PA, but me and the drummer share the vocal parts some and all we have is 60 watt bass amp with a 12 inch speaker and it doesn't reproduce a very loud sound unless it is a bass. ANy suggestions?

2. pendergasta

pendergasta .- .- .-. --- -. / .--. . -. -.. . .-. --. .- ...

Jan 7, 2008
    North Carolina
    When I was in your situation, I bought a mixer like this one:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nady-MM141-4Channel-Mini-Mixer?sku=630433

..and ran vocals through the bass amp. It didn't sound great, but it worked. If it's just volume that's the problem, you could get a mic preamp like the ART MP: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Studio-Mic-Preamp?sku=180581. That may give the vocals some boost through the amp.

If your guitarist is playing clean, you could try mixing the vocals through the guitar amp as well.

3. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Was it a combo amp?

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    The JBL Eons have a mic input. They can be used as a wedge or as a main speaker, too.