1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Warlock lovers only

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deynn, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I know what most people here think of Warlock basses, but there must be SOMEONE who can appreciate this one. I saw it recently on Ebay....it is an L.A. series, trans-purple finish and has been converted to a fretless.
    Does anyone know what the difference is with the L.A. series basses?

2. Stuart Rosenberg

Stuart Rosenberg

Nov 24, 2000
    I own 2 Lulls and am going to but a third Lull P bass.

One is a vintage 4 with 2 band Bart EQ with Fralin singles, and one is and Modern 5 with Bart jazz pick-ups and a 3 band Bart EQ.

They are the best sounding and playing bass I ever owned in 25 years.

I tried Lakland, Pedulla, Modulus, and others, Fenders which really "suck". Leo was a genius with his inovations, but never perfected the insturments "sorry". Lull perfected Leos design period.

Please dont "bash" Smith he a great guy, opinionated but so what he believes in his product and is one of the most inventive guys around, not to mention a great player.
    I own a Smith 5 but thats a different sound and they are great basses and Ken is a nice Guy. I've been to his shop twice and he's more than nice and patient. Give it up!

3. Wrong thread, dude.

4. it has non-standard pickups and bridge too..
    I think this is a custom-made warlock, or somebody just took the warlock body and build a whole new bass around it.

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    anything by bc rich,hamer,or jackson i never really liked.It seems as if they concentrate on the look more than the sound and performance.allodox is right,that ones if probably alot better than the standard ones.But i mean its impossible to fit those things into the cases,they sound so muddy,and there all so heavy.

6. L.A. series have P/J pups, and I BELIEVE don't have the Widow heastock. But I could be wrong.

I do like the finish. But I always thought the Warlock looked kinda lop-sided.

Rock on
    Eric

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    i wasn't a Warlock lover before...but now i am

bp13