Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For Whom The bells Toll intro ( Cliff Em All)

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Stingrayz, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Stingrayz

Stingrayz

Jan 15, 2006
    Kuwait
    Hello all,

In the DVD Cliff Em All, Nearing the end, there's the part where Cliff plays an amazing Intro for " For Whom the Bells Toll". Is anyone able to Tab the Whole thing ? Hope i described it pretty well.
    I believe its impossible lol, Prove me wrong :bassist:

2. Dude, seriously, just do it yourself man. I mean its right there, you SEE him do it perfectly. I made a thread about this a while ago and believe me, nobody on this board would be willing to tab it when you can see him do it again and again. You never know, you may be in luck someone may have already tabbed it. I learnt how to play it by sight, I never tabbed it tho. You just gotta watch and practice dude. Give it a shot.

P.S: It always feels better to play something YOU have worked out yourself. Trust me!

3. Rich600

Rich600

Nov 22, 2004
    Scotland
    +1 on that, I used to be a tab boy when i started out, but after doing 2 years of music in school, you begin to learn how to learn by ear.I find searching for tabs a chore because its much easier to listen to something and play it.Also, most of the stuff i learn, is off a cd, not a dvd, dvd would have helped so much to watch the guy play it.

And one more thing, bassists are the smart ones in the band, so learn it by ear and stick it to the man(who i'm sure is a guitarist)