1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For you bassists with a soft spot for guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Figjam, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How many of you dont play guitar a whole lot but wouldnt mind owning a nice guitar some day? I do a good amount of the song writing (guitar parts) for my band , i come up with a lot of the ideas, and i dream of having a nice guitar someday.

So, what type of guitar do you dream about?

I think an Ernieball Musicman Axis Super sport, HH standard, in black/maple would be my pick

[​IMG]

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Old telecasters are my thing. I spent a year building a 'stock' to spec 1964 telecaster.

I'd also like an old LP Junior or Special, or a P-90 goldtop LP, but only a real 50's one.

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I don't play guitar very well, but i still got gas for: EB Axis of some sort, Gibby LP black w/white binding, and a Fender Strat in Candy Apple Red/Chrome Red with a maple board.

Doubt i'll ever buy any of the above-thought about buying the closest thing from Rondo, but eh, i can't play well enough to warrant it.

That's all

4. My favorites:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I do need a new guitar, I've for some reason had my eye on this:

[​IMG]

Ibanez Artcore AFS75T Electric Guitar

Mostly because I like the title "Artcore." Ha... but mostly because I like the look, and I like hollowbody and vintage tremolo. Plus, it's under 400, so that's a reachable goal for sure.

6. I always loved the look and tone of the Fender Jaguar.

In seafoam green, please..... :hyper:

7. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Fender Strats and Teles.

I have a guitar (a franken-Fender made from a Fender Duo-Sonic body and Tele neck, and DiMarzio Virtual Vintage Strat pickups... looks a little odd but plays and sounds nice), but I'd like a good Strat and Tele go to along with it. After I get a good Jazz and P! I seem to be on a Fender kick lately.

8. I'm having trouble getting used to the new username. "Who's the jerk that stole southpaw's avatar..." ;)

How's your back doing?

9. I do also write songs on guitar, and at some point of my life, i want to own a Fender Jazzmaster in sunburst.

10. :D I'm well on the mend thanks! Just thought I'd use my real name for something different - I'll change the avatar later.....

BTW- is that second beast the one you were playing in the "Show Yourself" thread? Nice axe!

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I own a nice Heritage solid body, but I'd love to have a really nice big box carved archtop for some jazz happiness. Prolly a Gibson or Hofner, although another Heritage would be fine too.

13. A really nice($2,000+)classical.

14. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I want an explorer, a black telecaster, and one of those silverburst Les Paul like Adam Jones plays...

[​IMG]

15. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Ive got a 1992 Squire Strat that ive refurbished with all fender parts minus the neck and body(black, white pg, and nickel hw)... IT SOUNDS GREAT!, ive got a Gibson Les Paul Studio(Vintage Sunburst with chrome hw), and a Hofner Acoustic.
    They are my babies!

My bass is better though... shes a 1984 Fender Precision-Jazz All black with ebony FB and Black harware.

The ONE guitar i would kill for would be a White Gibson ES-355 with a Black PG and Gold hardware. :D

I dont have 2500.00 to spend on it.... im only 15.... no job..... :(
    ---Rocinante_x1

16. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I've already got the guitars I want...mostly.

I have a Taylor 355ce 12-string that I play more than anything else.

I have a '89 MIJ Fender Strat that matches my fretless. I upgraded it to where it is a serious machine now. Lace Sensors, custom wiring/switching, GraphTech saddles and nut, a new black pearl pickguard to make it match my fretless again...It's awesome.

I got a Hamer archtop import when GC had them for such a great price. Only later did I learn that GC bought that big load of Korean-made Hamers after Hamer refused the shipment on quality control grounds. Mine had no issues with wooden parts. But electronically was less than I desired. So it is getting upgraded like the Strat did. New pots and switch, new TonePros hardware, WCR Goodwoods p'ups. I might do some extra electronic stuff. I haven't decided. It's not done yet. But it's already a Les Paul-slayer.

17. Yup, that about sums it up...except change the 64 Tele to a 72 Deluxe Tele.

And they're off!

Mon

18. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i would like to own a guitar one day, considering the one i have now is in like a millon peices.

dream guitar, gibson sg RI.

or, i just wanna get a viper ltd

19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, as I _am_ a "reformed guitarist" (I used to be a guitarist, but I got better! ;) ), I do own a few of our skinny-stringed little brothers.

I have a very nice student level late 70's Takamine Classical (which played and sounded better than the 2K+ models that were in the shop that day!), and a Fender Strat of dubious heritage (it has "Made In USA" on a STICKER on the heel of the neck...:eek: ). The Strat is white, maple fingerboard, EMG S pickups (the silver lettering, very "Strat-ty" sounding, but not noisy) and the EMG active midrange control installed. It's a killer guitar, despite it's iffy pedigree....

I still want to add one, for sentimental reasons. My first "real" guitar was a 1966 Gibson ES-335, Cherry Red. I WANT another early 60's ES-335 again...but I'll never be able to afford it. :( I'd settle for one of the good 80's Ibanez copies, the one that John Scofield used to play...