Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For you bassists with a soft spot for guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Figjam, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How many of you dont play guitar a whole lot but wouldnt mind owning a nice guitar some day? I do a good amount of the song writing (guitar parts) for my band , i come up with a lot of the ideas, and i dream of having a nice guitar someday.

So, what type of guitar do you dream about?

I think an Ernieball Musicman Axis Super sport, HH standard, in black/maple would be my pick

[​IMG]

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Old telecasters are my thing. I spent a year building a 'stock' to spec 1964 telecaster.

I'd also like an old LP Junior or Special, or a P-90 goldtop LP, but only a real 50's one.

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I don't play guitar very well, but i still got gas for: EB Axis of some sort, Gibby LP black w/white binding, and a Fender Strat in Candy Apple Red/Chrome Red with a maple board.

Doubt i'll ever buy any of the above-thought about buying the closest thing from Rondo, but eh, i can't play well enough to warrant it.

That's all

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I do need a new guitar, I've for some reason had my eye on this:

[​IMG]

Ibanez Artcore AFS75T Electric Guitar

Mostly because I like the title "Artcore." Ha... but mostly because I like the look, and I like hollowbody and vintage tremolo. Plus, it's under 400, so that's a reachable goal for sure.

5. I always loved the look and tone of the Fender Jaguar.

In seafoam green, please..... :hyper:

6. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Fender Strats and Teles.

I have a guitar (a franken-Fender made from a Fender Duo-Sonic body and Tele neck, and DiMarzio Virtual Vintage Strat pickups... looks a little odd but plays and sounds nice), but I'd like a good Strat and Tele go to along with it. After I get a good Jazz and P! I seem to be on a Fender kick lately.

7. I'm having trouble getting used to the new username. "Who's the jerk that stole southpaw's avatar..." ;)

How's your back doing?

8. I do also write songs on guitar, and at some point of my life, i want to own a Fender Jazzmaster in sunburst.

9. :D I'm well on the mend thanks! Just thought I'd use my real name for something different - I'll change the avatar later.....

BTW- is that second beast the one you were playing in the "Show Yourself" thread? Nice axe!

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

11. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I own a nice Heritage solid body, but I'd love to have a really nice big box carved archtop for some jazz happiness. Prolly a Gibson or Hofner, although another Heritage would be fine too.

12. A really nice($2,000+)classical.

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I want an explorer, a black telecaster, and one of those silverburst Les Paul like Adam Jones plays...

[​IMG]

14. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Ive got a 1992 Squire Strat that ive refurbished with all fender parts minus the neck and body(black, white pg, and nickel hw)... IT SOUNDS GREAT!, ive got a Gibson Les Paul Studio(Vintage Sunburst with chrome hw), and a Hofner Acoustic.
    They are my babies!

My bass is better though... shes a 1984 Fender Precision-Jazz All black with ebony FB and Black harware.

The ONE guitar i would kill for would be a White Gibson ES-355 with a Black PG and Gold hardware. :D

I dont have 2500.00 to spend on it.... im only 15.... no job..... :(
    ---Rocinante_x1

15. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I've already got the guitars I want...mostly.

I have a Taylor 355ce 12-string that I play more than anything else.

I have a '89 MIJ Fender Strat that matches my fretless. I upgraded it to where it is a serious machine now. Lace Sensors, custom wiring/switching, GraphTech saddles and nut, a new black pearl pickguard to make it match my fretless again...It's awesome.

I got a Hamer archtop import when GC had them for such a great price. Only later did I learn that GC bought that big load of Korean-made Hamers after Hamer refused the shipment on quality control grounds. Mine had no issues with wooden parts. But electronically was less than I desired. So it is getting upgraded like the Strat did. New pots and switch, new TonePros hardware, WCR Goodwoods p'ups. I might do some extra electronic stuff. I haven't decided. It's not done yet. But it's already a Les Paul-slayer.

16. Yup, that about sums it up...except change the 64 Tele to a 72 Deluxe Tele.

And they're off!

Mon

17. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i would like to own a guitar one day, considering the one i have now is in like a millon peices.

dream guitar, gibson sg RI.

or, i just wanna get a viper ltd

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, as I _am_ a "reformed guitarist" (I used to be a guitarist, but I got better! ;) ), I do own a few of our skinny-stringed little brothers.

I have a very nice student level late 70's Takamine Classical (which played and sounded better than the 2K+ models that were in the shop that day!), and a Fender Strat of dubious heritage (it has "Made In USA" on a STICKER on the heel of the neck...:eek: ). The Strat is white, maple fingerboard, EMG S pickups (the silver lettering, very "Strat-ty" sounding, but not noisy) and the EMG active midrange control installed. It's a killer guitar, despite it's iffy pedigree....

I still want to add one, for sentimental reasons. My first "real" guitar was a 1966 Gibson ES-335, Cherry Red. I WANT another early 60's ES-335 again...but I'll never be able to afford it. :( I'd settle for one of the good 80's Ibanez copies, the one that John Scofield used to play...