Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For you doublers

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by ThePaste, Mar 18, 2001.

1. If you put both ends of the strap around the strap peg on the horn, the bass swings down and you can play it upright, like a DB. I don't know if you care but I just thought I'd tell you.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    You mean, Fieldy-style?

3. BassDude24

BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    I think I would only play a BG upright if:

A.) my strap broke in the middle of a tune and I had to hold it up with my hands

or

B.) if I got a Dammann upright electric bass, they are cool

4. I don't really know how fieldy plays, but I think Danmanns are cool too.

5. BassDude24

BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    See, the way I figure it, Fieldy has his bass so low that he must hold the head of his guitar near his head(the one on top of his neck that is attached to his shoulders) because he has short arms.

Just look up KORN and you will see what I mean (KORN is a band, for those that are not into American music that much)

6. oooh, PLEEEEZE post this on the DB board!

hee hee hee... poor guy's gonna get fuqua'd up :D

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I think Ed's on vacation this week. Can I help?

(ahem)

FACEFOOD PLENTYMORE - KORN is a band, you say? Really? I thought they were a bunch of actors with musical instruments. Wow, learn something new everyday...

And if yer tryin' to convince anyone that Fieldy plays that way because his arms are short, furgit it....everybody knows he plays that way because he just plain inhales large quantities of liquid beverage very quickly through an extremely large straw.

(ahem...cough, cough...)

How was that?

8. NO! Don't move this to DB please I'm begging you! I take it back!

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Aw, c'mon....with Ed on vacation, how bad could it be?

Then again, come to think of it, I don't think the dogs have been fed since Bassturbator/god was moderated out of existence....they had a couple of snacks on FielDy RuLeZ and PUKE 125NEWTHREADSABOUTMYSTUPIDWEBSITE, but now that you mention it, I have heard a strange growling sound down there recently....everyone's collective DB stomach, d'ya think?

But I'm sure it's completely safe in castle DB. No, really....it's okay.....send us your poor, your huddled masses, your unwanted and unwashed Fieldy threads....nothing bad will happen....we'll be nice....no, really.....

10. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    "But I'm sure it's completely safe in castle DB. No, really....it's okay.....send us your poor, your huddled masses, your unwanted and unwashed Fieldy threads....nothing bad will happen....we'll be nice....no, really....."

Said the spider to the fly. :) :)

Pkr2