1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For you EQ Freaks

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Apr 6, 2006.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
  2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yours, for the low, low price of ~$365!

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hell, if it's a good-sounding EQ I would pay that for it in a second if I needed five bands of parametric! If I could get a two or three band version for less, I would absolutely jump on it. Five bands parametric is total overkill IMO for anything other than maybe mastering a CD.

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah; good point. Three bands for three-fifths the price would be more tempting.

Also - I wish it didn't have the 'graphic' sliders; that bugs me. The main reason that sliders are on a graphic is so that it IS "graphic"; it's wierd to put sliders on a parametric. There's also the matter of robustness and dirt getting into the sliders and stuff.

Joe

5. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Awsome!

Just what I was looking for but a little bit of of my range at the moment.

Availability on the US?

6. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    For a good parametric, that is pretty low.

7. The Raven True Blue EQ shows up ued pretty often (also discontinued) and I haven't heard a better unit for the money. All of the controls are gain-balanced so you don't get any dropoff in output as you tweak.

8. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    noob question:
    erm...what does parametric mean?

9. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Parametric is as-in "parameters" - like in this case it's cut/boost, center frequency and 'Q' (or 'width' of the area being cut or boosted). So in other words "how much boost? Where do I want it to boost most? How wide of a band of freqs do I want it to affect?"

This is as-opposed-to a "graphic" EQ, where you set it by making the 'shape' of the slider-knobs "look like" what it'd look like on a "graph" - hence "graphic".

Joe