For You Monster Players!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Feast your peepers on this puppy!
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    One word: grotesque. Though I wouldn't mind owning one, just to hang it on a wall in my home. It would be quite cool to see the reactions of guests & friends. :D
    uhm... did I mention GAS ?

:D :D :D
  4. I'm scared!!!

*runs away screaming like a little girl*
  5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    saw one like it at NAMM and it is even scarier in person. i will post a pic of the warrior doubleneck as soon as i figure out how.
  6. I would love to show up at a punk gig with that.
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    If only the fretboard was wider...
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm about to get on the ferry to go to bass northwest for an eden 212xlt and to test drive a couple fretless basses....i'll let you fellas know how the warrior feels......w00t!
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Looks like the 9-string Warrior Gregory Bruce Campbell owns (username: 9string). Biiiiig bass right there.
  10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, the warrior 9 strings have relatively tiny bodies, mostly neck. the ones that i've played are suprisingly small and light.
  11. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Only JT would not be scared off by this aircraft carrier!;) Doubles for a snow board. I have another joke, but I would be politically incorrect and insensitive for saying it.
  12. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    It's onsale at Bass NW. Someone'll buy it, if only because they need a new diving board.
  13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    hung with him at NAMM for a bit what a nice guy
  14. oy ! :mad:

get your own line, b**** !! :mad:

15. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Man thats a monster.

Acacia basses made a 9 string beast for a fella by the name Harry Watson III. If interested in seeing it check out Acaica Instruments. Go to the Raves section and its the first one.

I would post it but I don't know the rules about taking pictures from websites :rolleyes:
  16. Cogno

Cogno Guest

Jun 11, 2001
    It would make a great diving board.
  17. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
  18. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I've played on one of those 9 string warrior basses. I couldn't play on the higher strings and mute the low F# string. It was a real pain in the ass and really didn't sound that great to begin with. I had to lay my forearm on the strings to get them to stop ringing! I would never own on of those things!! They did have some fantastic inlay work
  19. Yah...purple lined cases and eden cabs have always scared me.

Make it go away!