Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For your enjoyment: Fred Durst's Blog.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, May 8, 2004.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    never been a big fan of his. he's just really been one of those guys with a voice too loud for his wown good (if you know what I mean).

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    When I auditioned for Limp Bizkit (as a joke; I was already there anyway. I worked at GC so don't give me any crap), they told me I was too weird for their band. RIGHT ON!!! :D

4. I really think that he trys too hard with his lyrics. He must be a pretty cool guy, but he trys so hard to squeeze SOMETHING out of his lyrics, it comes off like being plastic.

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    *sniff*

Oh Fred...why didn't you tell me! Oh god....

I'm so sorry.

:bawl:

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    As lame as the whole thing reads, it does put things in perspective when you consider that this is how everyone's livejournal/blog reads like. With all the melodrama, attempts at deep poetic thought and cheesy cliched conclusions there's a sort of comforting feeling in the whole "blog" culture, and this is no exception.

When I think about how ***hole-ish what I said was, I'm a little torn. On one hand I don't think it's wholly undeserved, at the same time the voyueristic quality of this whole thread feels like a guilty pleasure. Like an "unauthorized" autobiography, you see his life through his eyes. And on one hand, it's :rolleyes: worthy, but a lot of what other people say on these things are :rolleyes: .

Should I chuckle and poke fun at his psuedo-private thoughts and veiled bids for attention, or should I leave him be...seeing as he's human and all humans do this.

Ahhh, the politics of exhibitionism.

[Current Music]:Ben Folds
    [Current Mood]: Flippant, *pic of kitty head floating up and down with a weird smile*

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Awww. This completely changes everything. I simply can't bring myself to hate this guy's crappy music after reading his blog and seeing that he's got feelings, too.

Or something.

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Millionaires don't have feelings.

9. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Heh.

10. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    he listens to music that would put him in good stead with my kind of crowd. wierd :meh:

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I was expecting more spelling errors.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Who isn't in this day and age.

13. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    He does have nice furniture, I'll give him that.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I still don't get what a blog is...

his bling bling pool is pretty cool too, he's a regular master p.

15. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    My GC buddies think he just toured around and stole everyones cool chops and called it a "try out". They said he made you sign a contract which basically said whatever your played they had the rights to??

16. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Am I supposed to be impressed with that? Typical Freshman poetry 101 fodder. I know some English professors that would love to get that pap on a paper. Oh well, wealth trumps intellect every time.

:meh: