Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Forget the Jaco bass:

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joey3313, Oct 17, 2004.

1. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    ha ha, was it actually used that much. Or did someon by a MIM and mess it up so they could sell it as a relic?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    THe latter.

I find it funny about people "relicing" a bass, they relick it in all sorts of places that don't so much indicate wear, as someone with a rouge power sander.

3. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I never got the relic thing. Especially if it comes from the factory that way. You're paying a lot of extra money for some one to strip half the paint off.

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    The relic thing looks really stupid to me, too. But the only relic bass I've ever played is an awesome bass. The Jaco sig has the best neck I have played on, ever. It's not worth the price, but if I could borrow one whenever I had a gig or session I would use it.

I wish the 'plainer' Jaco sig, the un-relic model, felt like the relic. Or, barring that, I wish I could buy just a neck that they had done whatever they did to the relic neck to.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do i see blue paint on the back? Was it refinished red?

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'd hit it as long as the price stays low....really low.

7. rudetay

rudetay

Sep 19, 2003
    No belt buckle marks? No weathered pickguard? No previous holes/routes of modification?

Bad relic job.