Form vs Function

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HAWKINS, Dec 22, 2004.

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    For obvious reasons, I know that we use different basses to achieve a different tone, or perhaps to play note on a 5 or 6 string that otherwise couldn't be played without having to retune.

But how about appearance.....the "look" of the bass. Do you have more than one bass where the only difference is the color?

Personally, I do that. Some days, I like playing a burst, and other days I prefer black. I might want to get cherry red or turquoise some day. Just wondering if any others change basses as they would a change of clothes.
  2. Do you play with them, or pose in the mirror with them? ;)

3. I've got two Reverend Rumblefish, identical except one is blue and the other is white with a tort guard. The color combo on the white one is the only reason I bought it. It's definitely the cooler-looking of the two, but I play the blue one more often. On the rare occasion that I've bought a bass mostly for its appearance, it has wound up on the block pretty quick. The white Reverend isn't going anywhere, though.. :bassist:

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    Its not beneath me to pose in the mirror!....
  5. We've all taken our basses in the bathroom and looked at them in the mirror. If you say otherwise your lying. :D

My Reverend was the collest looking bass I've ever owned. I would love to have more than one. Unfortunately, I now have none. :bawl:
  6. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I've been that mirror too, and man did i look awesome. I've done that, I don't have the best balancing bass, but it looks very sleek