1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Formaula One Theme - BBC

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Warlock, Mar 31, 2004.

1. :bag: The BBC's old theme for Formula 1 racing was a bass riff from a Fleetwood Mac tune. Can anoyone remember the name of the song or even better the tab for the riff.

Thanks from a bedroom bassist. :D

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I have know idea but I just wanted to say that I'm a HUGE F-1 fan but my freaking cable provider doesn't carry the speed channel.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It's "The Chain" from the album Rumours - very effective line but very simple - pretty easy to figure out,starting from an open A.

4. Thanks Bruce and I think it's on the BassTab archive - so some new playing about tonight. In the UK F-1 is now broken by adverts - I just hate adverts. The BBC is advert free and great. Murray Walker's retirement has caused a little loss of sparkle too. Off at a tangent sorry.

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Still, at least you get F-1.

All I get here is NASCAR. And that doesn't interest me one bit.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think the tab of the Chain in archive is way wrong. Drop C?

It sounds normal when i play it in standard tuning.

7. Great, thanks for this. Funny I had a similar problem with Rapper's Delight on bass tab (to recall but one) as I called to my wife 'what does this sound like?' 'S**t she replied' Nothing changes with women :D
    I'll have a bash this evening. Thanks again.