1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Former bassist!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by rzm61, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    Yeah that is right. I was kicked out of my band!

At least it was an awesome 6 months while it lasted.

If anyone is interested in my story you can find it at my blog:
    www.rzm61.blogspot.com

It really sucks man. :(

2. basslyon

basslyon

Jun 24, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Non fosters drinking alcoholic.
    Now you just have to find a better band, become rich and famous and send them all a postcard

3. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    I am not into this for the money. Just the love of music. Money is a bonus, however that is not my main objective. I just want to play, I love being on stage and having so much fun. Playing and preforming is what I live for.

It is all ruined now. Well at least for a little bit, I hope.

4. zandar

zandar

Jul 8, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Kicked out over $20? HARSH

5. "you cant fire me, because I QUIT!" maybe you should fire THEM... with a molotov cocktail through their living room windows.

6. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    preaching to the choir man.

Like I said before. If they waited 5 months to do this what is a few more days or a week tops?

I should be getting a nice paycheck within the next few days. Then I would of paid him.

Oh well, their loss.

7. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    So in 5 months you couldn't come up with the money. I would have fired your ass too. Get a job.

8. BigMac5

BigMac5

Nov 26, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    5 months to pay back $20 dollars:scowl:

9. ... :eyebrow: Bizarre, but I think when I read your blog correctly it was a "set up" and the wheels were probably in motion before the 20 dollars issue even came up. (It was just a defensible catalyst)
    Honestly it sucks to see something you put time and sweat into be turned over to someone else... BUT immature dunderheads will NEVER succeed in doing anything other than ego-stroking self-important delusions of grandeur.
    If I were you I would consider it a favor and begin looking for people who CARE about music other than the supposed fame it may/may not bring.
    Bassists are rare and good bassists are even rarer, you should have no trouble finding some people who will offer you the ability to create and compose equally.
    Good Luck and use this as a learning experience... We all have been there at some time or other, and how you react will define your character forever.
    P.S. Always remember to pay your debts in the time/manner you would want returned to you, 5 months DOES seem like a long time to return a 20 dollar debt.

10. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    Yes I know it was only 20 bucks and it took me over 5 months to pay it back, but with my previous financial situation I could not afford to fork up that 20 bucks. I either A) needed it for bills or B) needed it for gas money to get around. Especially for practice.

Again, they would of had that 20 by this weekend or sometime next week....but you know, its still too long of a wait for them.

Edit:
    Even still man!
    Firing/throwing someone out for 20 bucks is pretty lame.

11. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Couldn't repay $20? Tell me, did you drink any beers in those six months? Order any takeaways? It sounds like the money was just an excuse from them, but why should they have believed you would give them the money "at the weekend"?

12. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    It's not that I couldn't pay it back.

It's that I didn't have an extra 20 bucks to give him. Once I had the extra cash I would of thrown it his way. I have been on a very limited income. However like I said, I just got a new job an all and my paycheck should be here by saturday at the latest....er maybe monday or tuesday at the latest. Either way, if they held out a little longer he would of had his 20 bucks.

Oh well, they have a better skilled bassist now (their vocalist)
    So **** happens, I'll move on. Plus I am no longer in debt to that band.

13. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Where do you live, freaking sub-Sahara Africa? How hard is it to come up with $20 bucks? Spend an hour giving plasma and you'd have $40. Stand outside Walmart for fifteen minutes with a can and a sign asking for money and you could have come up with twenty lousy bucks.

Sorry brother, but I'd have fired your butt too if you weren't responsible enough to be able to come up with that measly amount of money for that long of a time.

14. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    I got booted out of 2 bands in one year for petty reasons!

Now I'm playing in one of the most popular bands in my State and having the time of my life.

It makes me want to drop a line to those losers and say "neener neener neener!!"

but nah. It was their loss. They're stuck in place and I moved forward. They did me a favor. I deserved better and found a better band with better members.

don't worry about it. Lesson learned. Never look back, only look forward.

15. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    sounds incredibly lame all around. Average age of the band is under 20? probably under 18?

How many shows did you play in 5 months and didn't earn a $20 share? You weren't earning even $4 a month?

16. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    Well if you guys would of kicked me out of your band too cause of 20 bucks then piss off. That is a horribly stupid reason to kick someone out. Plus it just shows how cheap you really are.

No matter what way you wanna look at it.

Sure I should of just given him the 20, or even small amounts over time, however I would of preferred to pay it off at once, and once yet again...once I had the extra money! I am a broke college student who can barely put gas in my tank. However like I said, I got a better job now and will be able to afford giving him that 20. Again though, whatever. I am no longer 20 bucks in debt. Just gotta wait for the next local band that needs a bassist, who hopefully wont bitch over money.

17. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Yea ,you got the boot but it wasn't because of that $20.
    Suck it up,shut up and move on.
    Don't whine about it on your blog like some love sick girl.

18. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    Im not really whining about it.
    More or less sharing my story and showing how petty these cats are.

It was a stupid reason to kick me out.

(and yes for the last time so everyone else will shut up, it was a long time to not pay it back)

However I never wanted to spend that money to begin with. Plus all the crap I did for them in that time an all I would say was worth them over seeing a 20 dollar debt.

19. Dude, is it possible that they didn't kick you out because you owed them $20? Maybe it had nothing to do with the amount. Maybe they kicked you out (um, I don't know, uh, going out on a limb here,) because it took you 5 months and there was no perceived attempt at paying back said $20.

20. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    No? Why, did you give them their money?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.