Former xotic bass employee

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kuuuks, Jul 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kuuuks

kuuuks

Jul 22, 2010
    Went to Atlanta bass gallery about a month ago and saw this bass that I wasn't familiar with so I asked and was told the Lutheir use to work for xotic bass company, Didnt get the chance to play one but they sure look good and from what I'm hearing sounds even better than xotic basses, Anyone knows about these basses and has anyone tried one yet, what's your opinion about them if you have....

Miura MB-2 5 String Bass 2015 Honey Burst [MB-2 2015 Honey] - $2,549.99 : GuitarBassPro!, Bass Guitars Amplifiers Pro Audio and accessories

Attached Files:

DWBass likes this.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice. Price point is way outta my range though!

kuuuks and Sav'nBass like this.
  3. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    I didn't get the chance to play one too but (as you already mentioned) they sure look good and cost even more than Exotic basses.

kuuuks likes this.
  4. jim nolte

jim nolte

Oct 26, 2006
    california
    One thing I don't like right off the bat, wouldn't want a PG screw right where I anchor my thumb on the front pup when I play the B string.

kuuuks likes this.
  5. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    Way out of my range..

kuuuks likes this.
  6. kuuuks

kuuuks

Jul 22, 2010
    This is not the only bass style they produce though......they have other options.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    jim nolte likes this.
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

8. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    A while back I was looking for examples of how the Aguilar Super Double pickups sound and I found this video - a Miura loaded with Super Doubles.

I'd never heard of the brand before.

Temcat likes this.
  9. From the website.

" August 2014, Hiro Miura began his latest business, Miura Guitars USA, Inc. after leaving his previous, long running business, Xotic Guitars he started in 1996. Hiro now creates instruments that are closer to their ideal form, closer to musicians with his new concept: "Never complete, keep evolving"."

10. miura's are killer. we have 2 at the atlanta bass gallery. a 4 and a 5. come check 'em out.

Attached Files:

11. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    Miura basses sound incredible!

Two great examples.....

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021