1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Formula One Season 2007

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DaRK_CaRNiVaL, Jun 2, 2007.

1. BMW-Sauber

23.3%
  2. Ferrari

46.7%
  3. Honda

3.3%
  4. McLaren

40.0%
  5. Red Bull

10.0%
  6. Renault

3.3%
  7. Toyota

6.7%
  8. Williams

3.3%
  9. Other: (Super Aguri, Torro Rosso, Spyker)

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    Its about time we got the season 2007 thread rolling.
    If you follow F1 then post a comment and maybe we can get a good topic going for the rest of the season.

Rounds left:
    Jun 10 Canada
    Jun 17 USA
    Jul 01 France
    Jul 08 Britain
    Jul 22 Germany
    Aug 05 Hungary
    Aug 26 Turkey
    Sep 09 Italy
    Sep 16 Belgium
    Sep 30 Japan
    Oct 07 China
    Oct 21 Brazil

:D

2. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I've been watching F1 on and off for a couple of years now. Maybe this year I'll finally watch the whole season. I regret not going to it one summer when I was living in Montreal.

3. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Sweet next round in Montreal! I have no money so i'm going to see if there is a way me and a friend or two can sneak in sit on lawn chairs behind the fence.

4. big F1 fan here - actually, just about any kind of racing (yes, even that, too).

5. froovs

froovs

Mar 17, 2005
    scotland
    ive been following F1 since i was a kid

it was the *only* thing my grandfather (a very religious man) would allow the tv to be switched on on a Sunday for

exciting to see how hamilton will make out

cheers
    Lucy

6. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    I have followed it since 2005 but only the last 2 years have I managed to see the whole season.

I go for BMW :p
    It would be cool to know who people go for.. I might put a poll on for that too

On a random note I thought Monaco last year was much more interesting than this year

7. FORZA FERRARI!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have followed the Scuderia for many years, and have attended seven Grands Prix (USGP 4x, Canada 3x). Considering Hungary next year if it's on the schedule.

I am very saddened that Schumi is gone (or forced out), but he couldn't go on forever, I suppose. I like Massa more than I do Raikkonen.

I have always hated McLaren, and I can't stand Alonso, I think that Hammy has some real talent, though it pains me to say it. I do wish the press would stop focusing on his race, since they seem to be the only people who actually give a toss about it.

Since I had to pick two in the poll, I also chose Toro Rosso, since they are powered by Ferrari, and because I feel obliged to root for Scott Speed.

8. I catch F1 when I can. I'm really enjoying JPM's first year in NASCAR. He's an aggressive SOB!!! He's also doing pretty damn good for a "rookie"

9. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    I've watched it regularly since '94. It's going to be a great season this year with the Ferrari and McLaren drivers being so competitive with their team-mates. That hasn't really happened for years!

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Question for you F1 guys. Why do they run rain tires all the time now?

11. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Carnival. How do you watch the F1? I can watch the races and qualifing live at my dads because he has a satelite. But I'm not down there often.

12. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Slick tires were banned to reduce speed. One of the most stupid ideas they've come up with IMO.

13. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    You mean to reduce traction, thus reducing safety? Yeah, that makes sense. :meh:

14. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    reducing traction reduces speed and thus makes it safer

15. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    Just the regular channel 10 coverage which is essentially ITV for the race, Im not sure if they still do the qualifying on free to air as I usually only watch the race.

16. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    We don't get Nascar here in AUS (on free to air anyway) but it would be interesting to watch how JPM is going.

Atoz - I agree about the media hype.. it can get annoying, especially if you have ITV for races which is the British provider. I do not deny that he has talent and will probably win races soon. Though most people should remember the Button hype that was going on before that, even the Aussie commentators never go on about Mark Webber that much.. but then again his car never seems to last a whole race these days :p

*smb - Yeah this season should be great. I thought last year was awesome as it started out with Renault domination and then the whole epic comeback by Ferrari. But this year could be better for sure.

I put my 2 votes as 1. BMW and 2. Ferrari as they are my favourite out of the top 2 teams. I prefer Massa over Raikonnen though.

17. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Safety through reduced grip? There are lots of more sensible ways to slow the cars down.

18. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Just out of curiosity why are there so many people that dislike Alonso, I don't want him to win too I just find that someone else should win but why do some just don't like him?

19. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I'm working at the Montreal Grand Prix. Well actually at the metro (subway) station attached to it, selling F1 t-shirts and whatnot.

20. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    sweet, metro is how i'm getting there, might bump into you. I always check out that place anyways, bought an Italian flag there.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021